Topic: a topic on anything at all

Lots of topics go off topic a lot. Some is good reading, others make you think what the **** has that got to do wit hthe topic?

So here we can talk about anything at all, and go off topic since there is no topic.

What a great idea eh?

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

Re: a topic on anything at all

Favorite movie quote of all time;

"One time at band camp,......"

American Pie 1999, Michelle Flaherty (Alyson Hannigan)

Give everything but up.

I remember being shocked when she said that thing about the flute - she looked so sweet!

One of my favourite film quotes of all time: 

Princess Leia: "I love you"
Han Solo (about to be freeze dried for eternity) "I know"

I'm the son of rage and love

lol :ol: lol

I use that quote to reply to my wife a lot, ( for a laugh)
I must have sub conciounsly got it from that film, lol

Fanstatic

I cannot even spell after a bottle of wine, thats bad, I could manage another bottle but not on a thrsday when i am working next day.

I might think I wil not srink anything this weekend...... aye right, and woodlice might go get a mortgage and pay for me to whizz round knockhill in a ferari.

Ken

Here's my favorite movie quote.  It is from "Say Anything" with John Cusak from 1989.

"I don't want to sell anything, buy anything, or process anything as a career. I don't want to sell anything bought or processed, or buy anything sold or processed, or process anything sold, bought, or processed, or repair anything sold, bought, or processed. You know, as a career, I don't want to do that."

Pretty much sums it all up for me . . .
James

"That darn Pythagorean Comma thing keeps messing me up!"
[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pythagorean_comma[/url]

In one of the Dukes of Hazzard films.

Jackie Gleason " whom i loved said to his Son in the film " When i get home

im gonna slap your Mamma, as there aint no way you came from my loins".

I just thought id die from laughing.. To this day i still love that line,

Also "Tomorrow is another Day" from Gone with the  Wind" That ones

going on my Tombstone". Thats gonna look real good with Old Doll

beside it. :Lol:

Old Doll.

Why Blend in with the Crowd ? When you were made to stand out !

Thanks for reminding me of Jackie Gleason's line, Doll... I think it came from Smokie and the Bandit - brilliant film!  Oh, yeah and I was linking around from here earlier and found FoC with your "Treasure" song playing and it damn near broke my heart.  Any time you denigrate your talent, I'm gonna come around and kick you in the Butt for being a liar!

James, anything that John Cusack ever said is OK with me, particularly .... anything he said in Grosse Point Blank, my favourite film ever, probably.

I might even watch it again now although i've had a bottle of Wolf Blass Cabernet Sauvignon and i'm driving a bus at 7.30 tomorrow

bonedaddy

Bone daddy!

Isnt Wolf Blass The most beautiful wine.  Been out tonight for an Indian.

Not looking for one, mind you" a meal!. All our American friends go home this

week end, They have had a ball. My song is finished for my Colarado Man.

He is so sweet, Id nearly like wedding cake again.

Eh! no on second thoughts. He's not that sweet.

Hey bonedaddy! remember this? Bus stop wet day shes there i say "please
share my umbrella" Your to young to know this..

My rockie mountain guy aint.  "Illl walk in the rain by his side! teehee

you mind those passengers now!

Old Doll.

Hi Doll

Yes, Wolf Blass is wonderful at just £5.00 a bottle, just the thing on a cold night when your wife is in Newcastle and you are not!  Went down a treat with my stir fry that I made on my own with only natural ingredients and no Chinese takeaways involved at all.  Probably Indian tomorrow though.

The Hollies are wonderful too, and my age has never stood in the way of a good song!

Lena, which group were you singer for?  I'd love to hear more!

And I've decided against watching that film as it was a daft idea lol!

take care

bonedaddy

well see yer wolf blass bottles? see those lables on those bottles? that is my work that prints them lables!!
And I thin kthat was the label that My company just won an internationa award for in Haiwia a few days ago. We won first place and came in 2nd for another label. I will have to wait until theM.D is back to find out exactly which ones.
Ahhh the wonderful word of self adhesive labels!!!! lol

The wine in the bottle is nice too.

Ken

11 (edited by Old Doll 2007-10-26 16:45:43)

well" where do you buy Woolf Blass for a fiver?

I pay anything from 12 to 20 euro a bottle. In the North I get it much cheaper.

But then everything is cheaper there anyway. " Must take a visit soon..

As for the Group i sang with. "you nosey git", if you think im putting that
on the www. your definitely havin a laugh.. There are some recordings somewhere. My parents house was sold some years back. It contained
a small recording studio. My brother burned a Cd and made some
tapes for me of old  recordings we all made long ago . lovely to hear my parents still sing though long passed.. I used to sing all the stuff my brothers wrote.
theres are so important there writings and recordings are locked in safes.!

I just purchased a memory stick today! Didnt want to lose all ive written.

getting a big head i am!! "Above my station as my darlin Mam would say!

Have you ever tried EagleHawk?
and was your passengers Pot herbs {Nerves } frazzled today with you in that state!!

Old Doll.

12 (edited by Old Doll 2007-10-26 17:24:13)

UYK.

i was recently given a presentation bottle of Whiskey, with my name

written under the name of the whiskey.

In Gold" no less,  Do Woolf Blass do this kind of thing? with there labels?

Aussie Wine! Scottish Labels? I ask ya?.

Old Doll.

PS. forgot to say congrats on the award..

Helena
I dont know the answer to your question.
It is not the company wolf lass that would do this for anyone, it will be the mother company, i.e Morrison Bowmore, greenhall, allied distillers chivas and diageo are the leading company for wines and spirits, when we print labels for whiskies and wines we deal thru them and not the actual brand name like wolf blass, johnny walker, turning leaf etc.

My M.D just took over the company from his dad. His dad ( our old boss) retired in april at the age of 70. His son ( my new boss) got about 24 bottles of whisky made up under his name and had lables made with his picture on. The advantage we had was we design and make our own artwork and flexographics plates, He only had to get permission from a distillery to bottle and label their whisky under adifferet name ( I cannot remember what whisky was actually in the bottles) I never even got to try any!!

And although an aussie wine it is still made in the UK as is WHITE CLOUD from new Zealand and turning leaf from ????????? probably not the UK ,lol.
we also do Grants whisky, asda whisky, johnny walker striding man, greg's and oliver's, Hendricks, reykan, and, geeeee, far too many to bore you with ,lol.

( I dont actually print the labels as I am totally colour blind,lol, even though I have glasses to rectify the colour deficiency. I am the production co ordinator, I co ordinate things ,lol)

Ken

I got the Wolf Blass from Tesco - they really are taking over the world but bloody good wines nonetheless!

Disappointing to hear that your family history is mouldering away in locked safes instead of enriching lives cool

I forgot to pick up my passengers today so relief all round I feel!

Eagle Hawk is 99p more than the Shiraz Cab Sauv so nope, aint tried it... yet lol!

Your nosey friend

Bonedaddy

Hi cheapskate Bonedaddy,

I hope you understand, I was jesting about my brothers writings! Yes! he does keep most in a safe, which i can never understand either. My family
history is known to most.

He was here some time ago today, played a song that brought tears to my eyes.  It was simply based on something he heard a woman say, On a tv programme, after her young Son was killed at war. Really beautiful. I have suggested he send it to her!   But  He never does anything with them.

which is a shame..
I have said here before" i have no skeletons in my
cubbards, buried them all outside lol. Why? because they only bought Cheap plonk!
Long W/E here, trying to decide what to do.

Mind your liver now! or it will be only good with Onions  Mash and Gravy!

SOPHISTICATED  "AHEM"

OLD DOLL.

How long can you hold your breath?

I held mine for 62 seconds, feelin' woozy now?!&%^&??????

Give everything but up.

Hi Toney,

I am afraid I only managed 49 seconds but I have only just got up so I will try and beat that later in the day. Mind you I did only stop smoking a month ago so I am sure that will not help.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Well done on kicking the smokes Roger. Just don't do what I have done and start again. sad

I only managed 20 seconds cos I spilt my coffee and a coupla words of an earthy nature flew out of my mouth. smile

anyone know if there is an affordable gizmo to record lyrics onto?  I was out for a drive yesterday and found myself thinking up what I thought were pretty good lyrics. By the time I'd gotten home I'd forgotten what they were! Much grumpiness for the rest of the day as I tried in vain to coax them from the memory bank.

Craig.

Blind acceptance is a sign, of stupid fools who stand in line.  John Lydon.

'Mod' is a shorter word for 'young, beautiful and stupid' - we've all been there." - Pete Townshend.

Hi Moddish,

I have a very small Dictaphone. Inexpensive and smaller than a pack of

Cigerettes. I find when walking the dogs its the easy way to keep track of

thoughts and ideas.

Slán

Old Doll.

I used to be able to hold my breath in for over 1 minute 15 seconds, then slowly exhale.
I can still manage a minute quite easy just now.

Ken

What's your all-time best pick-up line?

This one used to work for me once in a while back in the day.

"I heard you're lookin' for me, here I am!"

Give everything but up.

Hi all - The Johnny Cash Flower Pickin' Festival is this coming weekend here in Starkville, MS.  The city council will officially issue a posthumous pardon to Mr. Cash for his arrest 42 years ago.  Plus, there will be plenty of good music (local bands plus Marty Stewart and the Fabulous Superlatives) and other doings.

The song "Starkville City Jail" is JC's version of those events.  His version is not quite exactly the same as what other folks remember, but who cares?

More info about the 'flower pickin' incident and festival is here:
http://www.clarionledger.com/apps/pbcs. … 00316/1023

It's hard to imagine someone telling the whole story from all perspectives when representing themselves regarding an arrest. 

- Zurf

p.s.  Or, um, you know.  So I suppose.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

I agree, Zurf - As a song writer myself, I realize that the purpose of a song is to tell a story - and the song's version of the story is not intended to be a dry list of facts, but rather an artistic sketch of events.

One thing Mr. Cash neglected to mention in his version of the story is that he had scared the wits out of an elderly widow by tromping around in her yard and passing out in the flower bed . . . the lady was awakened in the middle of the night by dogs barking, saw some stranger in her yard, and called the cops.  If she were a trigger-happy redneck rather than a sweet little old church lady, we would have all missed out on 40 more years of great music!

lol

flower picking festival? that sounds kinda good but dont tell my "hard" mates that I said that ,:lol:

KEn