Topic: the importance of myspace and youtube concerning music.

I discovered these sites some months ago, and it was for me really amazing to see what they offer.
I became member, of course with my gitaardocphil nick.
I found already the "chordian section" and this is what it should be, a place to show and perform as I saw (Friends of chordie). It is still difficult (better: impossible) to record, correct, add effects, with my Boss BR 600, caused by being too lazy: 90%. I hate manuals (this one 220 pages thick), I am very impatient.
WHY THIS TOPIC:
- You can hear and/or see some chordians in action.
- You can find rare, new and "never heard of" guitar brands in action. This is a the place to listen and see playing "unknown brands" like Joe Fitz wrote in a topic, Morgan Monroe guitars.
It isn't so that you will find all acoustics, but if there are "unknown" guitars, it allows you to listen, how the guitar sounds.
- You can find songs performed by artists, and/or interpretations of the same song.
- At last, you can have a lot of fun, seeing bloopers, voice imitators.

I ONLY WANT TO KNOW ONE THING. IF YOU PUT YOUR SONG ON YOUTUBE OR MYSPACE, AND SOMEONE LOVES THAT SONG, COMPOSED BY ME for EXAMPLE, AND START TO COPY IT, HAVING A HUGE HIT WITH "YOUR" SONG.... WHAT CAN YOU DO LEGALLY? It is impossible to registrate every song to be protected.
Who knows more about youtube/myspace and the consequences?

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

Re: the importance of myspace and youtube concerning music.

gitaardocphil wrote:

I became member, of course with my gitaardocphil nick.
I found already the "chordian section" and this is what it should be, a place to show and perform as I saw (Friends of chordie). It is still difficult (better: impossible) to record, correct, add effects, with my Boss BR 600, caused by being too lazy: 90%. I hate manuals (this one 220 pages thick), I am very impatient.

gitaardocphil,
If you go to this link you will be able to access the operators manual for your Boss BR 600. I thought you may like to have it on your computer as well as the actual paper manual. It may be easier to find certain items digitally verses the book that came with your Boss BR 600.

http://www.roland.com/products/en/_supp … iCncd=1064

Give everything but up.

Thank you so much.SouthPaw41L, I still don't know where your nickname means.
Indeed, my biggest problem is: impatient AND a hate to read manuals. The manual was included, but I was lucky and found a DUTCH manual.
Knowing me, I will probably go to my music store and ask them to explain how it works and how to "create" a song. Due to my car crash, I have ALL the time, and in the week it is not so busy. I know, it sounds weird, and like I told: impatient + lazy.
I used to call myself a very active lazy person smile. When I was still working so hard, I was happy to be at home on Saturday 17.00 pm, and Sunday: a real heaven, just laying and watch first video's, and since some years DVD's. The purpose is to watch a movie, not thinking, an make my head empty.
About youtube and myspace, did you look already to hear the sound of an acoustic guitar? You can find a lot of different guitars AND their sound. It is great to compare, and hear "never heard of" guitars.
Electric too, but they use almost (90%) distortion, to show how great they are, playing solos.
So what is the opinion here.

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

Hi Docs,

These sites are all fine, untill your hacked into like ive been on one i joined

Twice in less then a week. Just a word of warning to you and everyone here..

" GOD I JUST FEEL SICK AT THE THOUGHT".

Its like being raped in cyber space. I did what was suggested to me
by people  who know more about this then i do, but to know avail.

To all my friends on this site, i can only apologise to you all.

I am completely at a loss here.

Slán

Old Doll.

Why Blend in with the Crowd ? When you were made to stand out !

gitaardocphil wrote:

Thank you so much.SouthPaw41L, I still don't know where your nickname means.

Hello Leiven,
South means left, paw means hand, thus comes left-hand, which is the way I play guitar. The 41L is my number from my motocross racing days many years ago.

I Hope I've "Left" No Confusion,
SouthPaw41L

Give everything but up.

Old Doll,

Your post has really concerned me. I am familiar with Youtube and Myspace but have never heard of this happening with them. I assume from your post that this happens quite often. A few friends of mine have Myspace sites and this makes me really nervous for them.

Jeez! The thought is making me feel sick.

Is anything really made up of zeros and ones??

Hi Alvee,

My sons girl is a PC programmer. She is going to see what she can find this week for me. From what she taught me i have been shown " facebook"
with damage attached." whatever that means?. and  some  other files
with same  damage attached,  I also have very good security on my PC.

It just gives me the HEBEJEEBIES" thinking of it. How does Docphil Survive?

with all he does! I have deleted loads of stuff. So i will give it another day
or so and close the sites altogether. if need be.

Slán

Old Doll.

I cannot see how someone can hack into your computer thru these sites.
But if they can do it there then they can do it anywhere at all on the net where you register for an account I would think. So it could happen here, hotmail, gmail, youtube, mayspace yahoo and the list goes on.

Although maybe possible it is unlikely that someone will hack into your computer. If you have a firewall and virus thingamyjiggery do thing ye should be ok.
It is like saying you dont want to cross the road in case you get run over.

but to answer Lieven in the best uneducated way I can, ( meaning the way I think)
If you put one of your songs on youtube, I do not know legally if it is protected but you could probably take someone to court and prove you had the song put on at ???? date , proving that the person that sole your song supposidly made it up after you posted it on the WWW.
So, if anything you could prove you had done the song first on the WWW.

Ken

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

Ken and Alvee,

As a recipient of Old Doll's problems, maybe I should explain that comments were being sent to her MySpace Friends which was in fact an advert for a MySpace tracking system (to check who visits your site) and it came along with her photo as any normal comment would. It even displayed a picture of Tom (the face of MySpace) as though it was an approved accessory.

It appears that someone has taken information of Old Dolls MySpace Friends and her identity to send these comments. I am not a computer expert but if anyone has any practical advise to offer I am sure Old Doll will appreciate it. I am sure no one wants her to delete her MySpace.

Thank you,

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

I know nothing about the Myspace hacking problem.

However, I may be able to help a little on the publishing issue.  Myspace and pretty much any other public media that record time allow one to prove that they published a song at a certain time.  Now, there can still be an issue of who wrote what when, but for the most part if you put something up even here on Chordie's Songwriting forum claiming it as your own, the date/time data more or less allows one to claim it as their own as of that time.  If someone uses it without permission, there could be repurcussions under Copyright and other Intellectual Property laws.  (So Selso, Last Rebel and James McCormack, I surely hope that I have your opinion to use your songs from the Songwriter forum)  If you're serious about it, though, I sincerely recommend that you get a formal legal opinion from an attorney knowledgeable of Intellectual Property law in your jurisdiction. 

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Roger Guppy wrote:

Ken and Alvee,

As a recipient of Old Doll's problems, maybe I should explain that comments were being sent to her MySpace Friends which was in fact an advert for a MySpace tracking system (to check who visits your site) and it came along with her photo as any normal comment would. It even displayed a picture of Tom (the face of MySpace) as though it was an approved accessory.

It appears that someone has taken information of Old Dolls MySpace Friends and her identity to send these comments. I am not a computer expert but if anyone has any practical advise to offer I am sure Old Doll will appreciate it. I am sure no one wants her to delete her MySpace.

Thank you,

Roger

Thanks for that Roger.  I was a but bamboosled about this. I have just registered with Facebook and something like this could be quite distressing. The mind bogles at what could be done in your name. Hopefully Old Doll can get something sorted.

Is anything really made up of zeros and ones??

only thing I can think of then is do not have your pic on the net anywhere or your real name and then no one can claim to be you!

maybe make up an alias for your computer life and only let close frinds and people you trust 100% know that a name you use is not yours or a pic, or just dont tell anyone at all unless you plan to meet them.

If you do online banking etc, never have the computer remember your name or passwords

Ken

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

SouthPaw41L: Did you know that I asked this, I just noticed that  I had that impression . I Think I suffer from hallucinations, but this is more ALZHEIMER.                             

LIFTUPYOURKILT: 'sorry smile it's a bad habit, since 25 years, mixing names, , or making anagrams.
Ken, I know the fact, and I got on a day, in January 2007, a phone call  from the big boss at the BancCardComany (BCC), to ask me questions about identity theft. He told me that these people have been gambling on a few sites. (an "Australian" site), I had spend money in France. What I still don't understand is the fact that it happened on a Sunday, and they phoned  on Tuesday. I've got all my money back (700€). Sice that story, I am a lot more careful.
I am really glad to see the answers, Roger, Old doll, Zurf, Alvin and of course UYK and SouthPaw. I learned it the hard way. I never answer mails, only when I know them.
I am not scared anymore and I still use EBAY, but you have to be careful. There are "bona fide" websites, 95%= no problem, but the other 5%. I buy only a CD or a dvd on familiar sites.
LAST THING: the first sites (like for travelling) are since 7 years on internet.
This "scam " and Identity thefth." happened on eBay (but not a reason to get away from ebay.
I traded my variax acoustic 700 for a 12 string Burns electric guitar + 450€ cash. and surfing around I found a variax acoustic. My bid was 300€, and of course such an offer. I was bidder 19, and the highest bidder (don't know it at all who he or she did win the auction. A few days later, I've got 3 different emails to tell me that there were problems, and the fact that they offered me a so called "second chance" I did, back then, was so stupid to click on the links INSTEAD OF GOING FIRST TO MY EBAY. they put every change or evolution if bidding. For the first time in my entire ebay history, I was so pi** of that I didn't follow, or obey my rules: 1° My Ebay
2° going to yahoo, in my case, and being a real fool by clicking on the links, and answere why men there were 7 higher bidders. Before I realised these strange history my mails were send.

Hi Docs

I have never bought anything on line. But my Sons do! they have never
had a problem.. I have clicked only on 3 sites. The Starker one on myspace,

also an Astrological One, which is something im very interested in!

Also an Ancestry Site, which i have never had a problem with, been dealing with the latter for quite some time now.

I will let the Forum know what is found when my PC is checked in more
detail this week.

Old Doll.

Hi Lena
I didn't realised you had a big problem.
The first thing I would do is to change your password to your myspace account before you delete it and see what happens.
What Roger explained was also happening to my page. I just deleted the comment and it hasn't been repeated.
Your computer probably isn't infected with a serious virius just mailware, tracking and or possibly some spyware which isn't that bad though it sounds like it is. Most computers are it just goes with territory (the internet) and it's easily removed.

Regards
Ark

Thank You Ark,

I have done this twice, i now hold my breath!!. Strange when they use

those letters at the end? I thought this helped do away with all this stuff.

This Woman is actually very naive at times.

Old Doll.