Topic: Admiration!

Hi GuitarDocphil & Southpaw41l,

I have so much admiration for you 2 people and anyone who has to live and
learn again with new strength in there minds.

You are both a perfect example of what can be achieved with determination.

One of my family members Hand was degloved in a car accident. I remember
the fear in his eyes, and my shock at seeing his hand surgically inserted into his abdomen to feed and nourish the bones and bits that was left. It was like  looking at a science fiction movie. The surgeons took skin muscle, tendons, nerves all  kind of body parts to make his hand function again.
They did there work and he did his. took a long time, but he can
do most anything he puts his mind  and new hand to. Such strength has to be admired.

Next time i have a small piece of grit in my shoe, thats irritating me, i will
bring you all to mind. I will remind myself how you whethered your storms
and brought yourselves to this point in life so majestically.

My love and Positive thoughts to you all.

Old Doll.

Why Blend in with the Crowd ? When you were made to stand out !

Re: Admiration!

Old Doll, this is horrible story.
Even being in a similar situation, the result is always the same. Since my car accident  I am really sensitive about such problems and I am probably one of a few people who knows, not only what suffering is, but also the effect on your family. My mother was in 1 day 10 years older, and now it is so "frustrating" to depend on her, even the most stupid things, like washing dishes, changing a CD in my car, I am not able to understand it, and to find my personal limits. Day after day, I start to adapt me. It is to become mad, sitting in the same position, after 15 minutes, it is difficult to stand up. Standing still (like the guards of Buckingham palace) is a killer. In stead of execution me, the only thing they have to do is: STAND STILL for 5 minutes. I wrote this already a few times, and the main purpose is to give something back to the people, disabled, and to show them that there is still a live, how difficult it might be. About health, and having severe problems I call them "far from my bed problems"
You never think about itl, unless the very moment that a medical problem hits you. BUT ALSO ALL THE PEOPLE AROUND suffer.
You need to stay positive and if it gets difficult you can always count on me, SouthPaw (he is very wise and tells you what he has to tell in a correct way), there are more nice people, like Boot, UYK, Roger: DON'T BE MAD IF YOU DON'T SEE YOUR NAME. All these people are unique and I trust them. I HAVE A LOT TO THANK here on chordie, I had again a purpose.
They gave me a "life", a lot of fantastic no selfish people who helped me a lot. There is also a motivation to go on. Since my membership day, I started really to love again MY ACOUSTIC GUITAR, electric vs acoustic = 20% vs 80%. Someday I will try to put a song on myspace, youtube, and it will be acoustic. Like your topic, I don't know what to say, but it touched me a lot, giving me also the opportunity to write a song.
Keep on doing the good work Dollie

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

Thank you Old Doll. What a wonderful thing to say. You, my Chordie treasure, have a heart of pure, shining gold. What a great start to this day!

Give everything but up.

I've got a heart of gold too but it is only 9ct plated lol

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

Ah but its a HUGE HEART SON!

love ya loads

Yr Ma.

Why Blend in with the Crowd ? When you were made to stand out !

aaawww
hanx ma

xx
yer son

It is a mystery for me, that we all "love people here"on Chordie. It is a little island where we all share the same: MUSIC. Isn't it true that people say "music brings people together?"
It is an universal peace keeper and stronger than politics.
I love you all chordians, and the credits go to our founder, who had that brilliant idea.
Keep on playing.

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

gitaardocphil wrote:

It is a mystery for me, that we all "love people here"on Chordie. It is a little island where we all share the same: MUSIC. Isn't it true that people say "music brings people together?"
It is an universal peace keeper and stronger than politics.
I love you all chordians, and the credits go to our founder, who had that brilliant idea.
Keep on playing.

and the funnier thing is we are all into different styles of music!!
so you do not have to like each others music to appreciate what each other is doing.

nice post Lieven

Ken