Topic: Fret buzz?

Hey everyone. I need some help. I have had my Fender Stratocaster for a while now, but just recently it's started this problem. If I play the D string open, it makes a buzzing type of sound. I'm not sure what the problem is, since the string isn't too close to the frets. sad

Re: Fret buzz?

Have you checked the ground? Try a ground wire on the pick-up. Even a 26AWG would work

If it is normal "fret buzz," try going with a heavier guage string. That will "bow" the neck slightly more. Otherwise, keep your string weight and have your guitar set up by a professional to loosen the neck, or maybe file the frets. There are professionals that do this. Any good Luthier can help.

$0.02

dw

Yeah, I said my dog doesn't bite, but that's not my dog.

Raise the saddle on the bridge (on the string that is buzzing) until the fret buzz goes away. If you have a tuner, re tune that string than hit the harmonic on the 12th fret while you still have your tuner on. If the tuner reads that your string is in tune then your intonation is fine. If your string is sharp or flat turn the screw on the back side of your bridge until it goes to tune when you hit the harmonic.

another buzz it might be if it is not coming thru the amp is maybe the nutt ( knut, nut?) it might be damaged.

for a temp, a very temporary repair put a bit of paper under the D string at the nutt.

Is it called a nut? the part where the strings are guided before they reach the tuning pegs?

or the other way round, inbetween the tuning pegs and the fret board?

you know what i mean anyway.

Ken

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending