Topic: Taylor 210e

Hey guys, Im about to order a Taylor 210e tonight, and I thought I would see if anyone had an experience with this guitar.  Ive read nothing but good things on reviews all over the net, just wondering if anyone else had opinions.

btw Im coming from a $175 Yamaha.

Thanks
Josh

Re: Taylor 210e

Did you check Harmony Central for reviews?

Rarely have I heard a negative thing said about a Taylor guitar.  That's a very popular model.  I expect anytime you've got a lot of something out in the marketplace and negative comments can't be found that the product is quite good.

I played a Taylor 210e once and liked it quite well.  I couldn't afford it, but I liked it real well. 

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

HELLO ZURFIE, I AM BACK FROM BERLIN, What you wrote is quit correct, you know I look a lot on guitar sites, to look for $$$$/ quality. How much dineros, did you pay this one?
Wouldn't it be nice a topic about, I was thinking about taylor, martin, gibson acoustics, and prices, from low but good even on ebay, but that is only valid for a few days. We have to think about prices/people/and compare most of "affordable" (difficult word) price between 600-1500, I agree these are more expensive, but I got real expensives for finally a decent price. It will take a lot of time, but a great help can be other "chordians" who were also able to do good businness, writing down, brand, "structure" and price.

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

I had a Maton (Oz guitar) for about 30 years until the neck twisted and I had to buy another guitar. The Maton was great by the way, solid timber all round and a sweet sound and I'm in the process of replacing the neck. Anyway I had been playing Taylors is shops over the years and very liked them very much so when my Maton died I bought a Taylor 324-CE-L10 it's Limited Fall Edition and has a hardwood face on it (Hawaiian Koa) and man it's the best sounding guitar, rings like a bell, I've heard nothing better. I reckon a person should pay as much as they can afford and buy quality (even if need to mortgage your house or sell your wife!)

www.nofretguitarlessons.com.au

I've got a Taylor 314ce and it's awesome. The sound is beautiful as an acoustic and with the Taylor Expression system sounds equally as good plugged in. The finish is perfect with a lovely low action.
I almost bought the 210e but managed to get a not to be missed deal on the 314ce.
I would definitely recommend a Taylor but then again I wouldn't knock Yamaha.
I've got a Yamaha APX 9C which which I had now for four years, I play it daily and certainly wouldn't part with it.
Check out the Taylor website for a great insight into their business, demos, how they're made etc. etc.
http://www.taylorguitars.com/see-hear/

7 (edited by taxman9 2007-11-13 03:38:54)

Thanks guys, I ended up ordering it after reading this stuff. Unfortunately working 30 hours a week ontop of school, I didnt have to time to respond yet.

Kahuna, thanks, Harmony Central was the icing on the cake of reviews on the net for this guitar for me.

Zurf, thanks, yes I agree, I have heard verrrry few negative things about Taylors.

Doc, yes that would be very helpful for anyone in a situation like mine.

Oz, I agree with you, should spend as much as one can afford on a guitar.  Of course being 16, the part time job makes it difficult to have significant money to buy guitars, but this is all I can reasonably spend on a guitar at this time, as I then need to buy a new amp, and then be thinking about cars in the near future haha

Thanks aj1, glad to hear of your good experience with your Taylor, making me all the more looking forward to mine coming in.  And yeah, Im sure Yamaha has some nice guitars, but like I said my costco one just isnt cutting it;)  And thanks for the link, very usefull, learning about humidity and all aswell.

Thanks guys
Josh

So, after ordering they told me two weeks, then after two weeks they said three more. Anyway, my parents were in Pittsburgh this weekend, asked them to check out some shops, and but they didnt have the 210e in stock, but they had the 314ce which lists on the site for about 2300, they ended up getting it for 1400! so I'm just waiting for them to get home!

They got an awesome deal for you.
The 314ce is the best guitar I've ever owned. I'm sure you'll love yours.
Nice one.