Topic: editing songs in My songbook question

Hi, I'm new to this site, and I'm wondering:

if I edit a song in my songbook, does it edit the song on the main site?

many thanks smile

Paula
mummy to Uhu, Dinky, Wotsit & Dyson

Re: editing songs in My songbook question

No
Well at least I think it doesn't.

Hi ferretmummy & welcome to chordie!

No - editing songs in your songbook will not change the song on the main site's index.  It will only change the way you see the song when you open it from within your songbook.

Chordie does have a really neat 'improve song' feature that allows users to correct songs in the site's main index.  The best way to do this is to first make all your editing changes within your songbook.  Then, simply open the song from the main index, hit the 'improve song' button (bottom right), and then simply replace the incorrect version with your improved version in the editing pane.  Your name will be listed on the songs page as having been the person who corrected the song - so make sure that your corrections are indeed real improvements.

Hope this helps, James

"That darn Pythagorean Comma thing keeps messing me up!"
[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pythagorean_comma[/url]

Thanks for your help on that.  I'm learning the ukulele and I'm looking for songs in keys I can play, transposing them is good but now I can save the changes somewhere.

Paula
mummy to Uhu, Dinky, Wotsit & Dyson

hello again ferretmummy - Another useful chordie feature is the 'Change Settings Intrument/Tuning' gizmo on the Resources page (right next to the Forum page tab).

You can specify your instrument (uke C, uke D, mandolin, banjo, left-handed guitar, etc) and then the chord grids displayed on your song pages will automatically show the correct fingerings.  Alternate fingerings can also be displayed by clicking on the chord grids . . . .

"That darn Pythagorean Comma thing keeps messing me up!"
[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pythagorean_comma[/url]

James McCormick wrote:

hello again ferretmummy - Another useful chordie feature is the 'Change Settings Intrument/Tuning' gizmo on the Resources page (right next to the Forum page tab).

You can specify your instrument (uke C, uke D, mandolin, banjo, left-handed guitar, etc) and then the chord grids displayed on your song pages will automatically show the correct fingerings.  Alternate fingerings can also be displayed by clicking on the chord grids . . . .

That's really cool to know! I've been here awhile and thought I really knew the site (lord knows I spend enough time on it) The "Change Settings Instruement Tunning" Is an awesome feature that I was unaware of. This will be extremely helpful with my mandolin and Ukulele. Thanks much for posting this James! Peace!:cool:

[b][color=#FF0000]If your brain is part of the process, you're missing it. You should play like a drowning man, struggling to reach shore. If you can trap that feeling, then you have something.
[/color][/b]         [b]Peace of mind. That's my piece of mind...[/b]