Topic: background music for guitar player's

I am sorry to bother but I am first time over here and I need an answer if anybody can give me. I am guitar player and  would like to play like one man band, if you know what I mean. I need a background music without voice etc. so I can play guitar and sing with complete virtual band behind me. I do have a 12 string Ovation and 6 string Fender electric guitar, and I have a laptop too. Please advise me what to buy yet inexpensive. I had an offer from the bar here in Mediteranean (Croatia) and the money is good so I'd like to try. Thank you : )

Re: background music for guitar player's

Hi Kandante

I cannot help you with this. But there are loads who will. Welcome to the Forum.
Just had a wonderful Holiday in Istria. Croatia. Stunning Country you have there. I will be back for a visit.

have a blast here.

Old Doll.

Why Blend in with the Crowd ? When you were made to stand out !

kandante wrote:

I am sorry to bother but I am first time over here and I need an answer if anybody can give me. I am guitar player and  would like to play like one man band, if you know what I mean. I need a background music without voice etc. so I can play guitar and sing with complete virtual band behind me. I do have a 12 string Ovation and 6 string Fender electric guitar, and I have a laptop too. Please advise me what to buy yet inexpensive. I had an offer from the bar here in Mediteranean (Croatia) and the money is good so I'd like to try. Thank you : )

Sequencers are lame man. They take the human touch and soul out of the music. Personally I prefer on the fly looping. I use the Boss RC 20. It took me a few gigs to get comfortable with it but now I couldn't imagine playing without it. The cool thing about looping is that you assemble the tune right before the audiences eyes. My opinion on sequencers is just that, my opinion but I beg of you don't use one !!!! I think you'll find that respect of your peers and audiences will be greater with "live looping" than pre-recorded sequencing. Good luck with your gigs.

http://www.bosscorp.co.jp/products/en/RC-20XL/

Give everything but up.

Listen to the advise of SouthPaw, he is the right man on the right place.
All I know is that there are, included in some magazines you get a CD with an opportunity to play.
I am not sure if you can start from a certain song, deleting, or at least trying to minimalise "the extra's" using an equaliser, or a PC program.
There is Band-in-a box, and audacity.

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

5 (edited by riddler 2007-11-18 17:07:12)

Try http://www.guitarbt.com/index.php?page=dl_list
I think it may have the guitar parts included but its worth checking out..
When you click on the song...scroll down underneath the paypal sign and click the mirror link to download it..

Also search for guitar backing tracks and you should find others