Topic: WILL THERE BE ANYTHING BETTER THAN THE BEATLES

To really look at what made the Beatles great, you have to get past some of the earlier, catchy-lyrics filled songs, and look at their whole body of work. Blending a mix of extensive harmonies, beautiful lyrics, and the soulful singing of the very talented Paul McCartney and John Lennon.
The Beatles really set a standard that will be measured against until something better comes along. Will there ever be something better? Well that is a debate that lover's of music will be discussing for as long as music is around.
So this topic is not about who is THE BEST, THE BEATLES OR THE ROLLING STONES.
This is more a STATEMENT, and considered as a fact.
I agree, there must be fellow "chordians" who are really pissed off reading this.
There were a lot of groups, and there still are.
From THE KINKS over THE WHO, LED ZEPPELIN, PRINCE, MADONNA, NIRVANA, and so many more.
I have to add the fact that I have a book, about the beatles: the evolution of their sound and music.
They started, as so many groups did, with "catchy tunes" 3-4 chords and they ended with some real ingenious songs.
DISCUSS!!!!!
THERE IS THIS QUESTION, AND A FACT. AS FOR ME, AND THINKING ABOUT THE ALBUMS, Never a similar album, like most groups have. Track 5 from an album=track 5 on the next, look pretty much to each other. The Beatles, it was a "NEW" ALBUM, and the evolution of tracks or songs: IMPOSSIBLE to COMPARE. You can't compare a song like PLEASE, PLEASE ME, with A DAY IN A LIFE.

GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: WHO is that PRINCE watching my MADONNA from his ZEPPELIN

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

Re: WILL THERE BE ANYTHING BETTER THAN THE BEATLES

"who is that Prince watching my Madonna from his Zepplin,
A Beatle maybee". Very interesting Doc Phil. Could almost turn that into a song like George Jones did in country music
in the song "Who's gonna fill their shoes". Very interesting.

Have a good day....Badeye.

one caper after another

DashBoard confessional Baby!!!!

Badeye, that's just me. I started following SIMON SAIS, a kind of comment, using words, in fact playing with WORDS. I love to do this, and sometimes I use names of artists, here I used LED ZEPPELIN, PRINCE and MADONNA. It is just fun for me, and I hope for the others too.
Most of the information in this topic, is based on real facts. Take their first album, and then the next, and so on..., you will see and hear that even "easy songs" at first sight, are a lot more complex, than you think. I don't know if there are other groups, or musicians, had a similar evolution.
Take Pink Floyd for example: you and most of us, me included, think that their songs are difficult. I was surprised that I could play along with almost every song, from the beginning to the wall. They use almost always 3-4 chords, and the rest: fantastic engineers, using sounds and effects to create their sound.

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

well i think you have to look at it this way, if to you the beatles were the best, then to you there wont ever be anything better, but maybe to somebody else there will be
personally im that way about hank williams sr., there wont ever be another one like him because to me hes country music perfection.... but will there be somebody who's just as good? maybe... or at least i hope.

All You Need is Love smile

I don't think anyone band will come again like The Beatles.  Only because they have been and gone and the entire Beatle Culture cannot be relived as it could have only happened in that time in history - 60's.  The sixties were just waiting for someone/something to come along and that happened to be John, Paul, George and Ringo.

"If You Always Do What You've Always Done - You'll Always Get What You've Always Got !"

I looked around as I do for all the topic: who by the way are IMPOSSIBLE to read them all.
Last_rebel, don corleone, upyerkilt, old doll to many to mention. It's not because you don't see your name here that I am not reading your topics, so here my apologies. I love this kind of topics, because
- I know pretty good the music and the timeline (timeline is very important)
- I love music "classics like Mozart" but also pop, blues, rock, hardrock, some disco, some RAP)
- a (disabled: and here is chordie playing an important role, all those nice people here, they keep me feeling good) pretty good guitar and I learn so much here.
There was indeed a kind of "a black hole" the blues from US to UK, rediscovery by a bunch of people: go to see John Mayall and the people who played with him.
Back to the beatles, I was thinking of the fact that DECCA, refused them, but they accepted the tremelous: main reason harmony. I go for Corleones answer. ALSO their solo careers were good, A LOT OF PEOPLE GAVE BAD CRITICS.
What made the Beatles so great, MUSIC, chemistry between them, and they evolved from a "catchy" tune, better EASIER TO PLAY FOR US, and they always surprised us, using other chords, add the engineers, and the music evolved with years. I have a book about the sound evolution, in casu the Beatles. The Rolling Stones, "dressed to kill" started as a blues group, and evolved too. They also wrote some songs, and I mean BALLADS, like Ruby Tuesday Lady Jane, and a lot more. To discuss that we need a new topic

GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: I CAN'T GET NO SATISFACTION? BUT I TRY

gitaardocphil wrote:

To really look at what made the Beatles great, you have to get past some of the earlier, catchy-lyrics filled songs, and look at their whole body of work. Blending a mix of extensive harmonies, beautiful lyrics, and the soulful singing of the very talented Paul McCartney and John Lennon.
The Beatles really set a standard that will be measured against until something better comes along. Will there ever be something better? Well that is a debate that lover's of music will be discussing for as long as music is around.
So this topic is not about who is THE BEST, THE BEATLES OR THE ROLLING STONES.
This is more a STATEMENT, and considered as a fact.
I agree, there must be fellow "chordians" who are rteally pissed off reading this.
There were a lot of groups, and there still are.
From THE KINKS over THE WHO, LED ZEPPELIN, PRINCE, MADONNA, NIRVANA, and so many more.
I have to add the fact that I have a book, about the beatles: the evolution of their sound and music.
They started, as so many groups did, with "catchy tunes" 3-4 chords and they ended with some real ingenious songs.
DISCUSS!!!!!

GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: WHO is that PRINCE watching my MADONNA from his ZEPPELIN

I think there are artists as good as the Beatles. The thing is, will anyone ever revoluntionize music the way they did? I think yes. In 60 years, in 2067, there will be another group who changes the face of music forever. All things come in cycles.

"You have to get over the love of power, and enjoy the power of love, in order to know peace."
-Jimi Hendrix.

I dont think there will ever be a band that comes close to the beatles.
The same as i dont think there will be a better quote as the one posted by Don corleone from NZ, thats really got me thinking???

Influence wise, nope

You have to forget about what other people say; when you're supposed to die, when you're supposed to be lovin'. You have to forget about all these things. You have to go on and be crazy. Craziness is like heaven.
                                                        -James Marshall Hendrix

I don't know if there ever will be a band like the Beatles, because anyone who could even come close would abveousely be effected by them in some way. There is nothing nothing they didn't effect (Maybe Rap or crap like that). They drew songs from their expereince and not from other bands. Every one new is closely watching the music world so they would be ripping off someone else, I can't think of anything that hasn't been done before. "There is nothing new under the Sun".

Hey, remember when they marketed the Bay City Rollers as the next Beatles?  Think they said the same thing about The Knack too....lol

For what it's worth, and this could get me banished to the island of missfit guitarists, I appreciate the Beatles, but I don't particularly like them.  Seems that every Beatles song gets a free-pass to classic status because The Beatles did it.  For instance, Hey Jude (this is going to get me shot), that song needs to be edited big-time.  It goes no where.  Redundant & self indulgent if you ask me.  Don't own any Beatles records...I do like to play "back in the USSR" though...

I look at the short number of years they were actually together writing and recording, the number of songs they produced(many which topped the charts, multiple in top ten in the same week) and on thier 40th anniversary, they once again TOPPED record sales in that year. Anything better? Thats up to the individual. Will there ever be anything in comparison? NEVER!!

I love the Beatles. In my opinion, they are my favorite and best band in the world!!

EVERYONE'S LOOKIN' AT ME WEIRD, BOB.

~~random~~ wink

I never was told how nice a song was written. The problem is
.- Bands like OASIS, they try to play THE BEATLES, and so this Band writes, like the "Beatles".
- If you want, and this band's name is THE RUTLES, is the closest band, making their own numbers but 100% Beatles orientated. You can see and hear them on myspace. There MONTHY PYTHON, and their WONDERFUL, if you hear some of their songs.

I am aware, and my friend Jason_Hague is 100% correct. But I think if you should vote, the Beatles will end up high in the poll. Why? the times they are changing. Even worse, I didn't "LIKE" the Beatles for 100% and still do. One of my first albums was Rory Gallagher: European tour as well as other great bands having other great songs. I was back than a "hard-rock fan" like Deep Purple, Led Zeppelin and a GLAMROCK fan: T-REX   SLADE .
I explain this later.