Topic: Guitar effects setup

<b></b><font color="green"></font><font face="Times"></font>Anyone know how the stage setup that has a Hammond Organ speaker cabinet with the vairable speed rotating speaker works? Guitars have a really awesome sound when I've seen them set up this way. Right now I'm playing an Aria TS-600, with too many built in bells and whistles to get the sound I want out of a Crate GX-65. I'm going tomorrow to plug into an Orange, to see what that does for me, but I am really interested in looking into the Hammond cabinet thing.

Thanks,

Peace,

dw

Yeah, I said my dog doesn't bite, but that's not my dog.

Re: Guitar effects setup

85 view and nobody has a clue...Geez

I got a better response from a Land Surveying message board, complete with full details of the Leslie Setup.

How embarrassing.

Yeah, I said my dog doesn't bite, but that's not my dog.

Hello Salad, look at ebay for a Leslie pre-amp, this unit allows one to use the 1/4 jack from the guitar. Otherwise, you will need to find a tech that can build something to power and interface your Leslie. I do agree with you, everything sounds better comming through a Leslie.

I have to disagree. To me it's always sounded like a variation on vibrato and stereo/echo effects. Great for that late sixties psychedelic one-off effect but not really a serious sound at all...

'The sound of the city seems to disappear'