Topic: P-90 pickups

I've found a very nice new guitar on the wesley website:

http://www.wesleyguitars.co.uk/storefro … =197674186

Thing is it has P-90 pickups. So I thought someone here might be able to explain something: Are P-90s Single-Coil or Humbucker?

Re: P-90 pickups

Well, if you trust wikipedia, you can look here:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/P-90

Seems trustworthy to me (in this case).

"There's such a fine line between genius and stupidity."
                              --David St. Hubbins

3 (edited by andros67 2007-12-08 02:14:02)

Thats a gorgeous looking guitar, looks like single coils and hollow body. Very cheap, let us know how it plays if you get one. Andy.

Tibernius wrote:

I've found a very nice new guitar on the wesley website:

http://www.wesleyguitars.co.uk/storefro … =197674186

Thing is it has P-90 pickups. So I thought someone here might be able to explain something: Are P-90s Single-Coil or Humbucker?

P-90's are single coil pickups, they do not hum like the single coil strat type pickups.

Bootlegger.

You can find P-94 pick-ups too. I, still hoping to find them back, was able to buy for 5000$ from someone in need of cash, a Fender Stratocaster 1964 ALL original + a GIBSON LES PAUL CUSTOM 1968, first reissue year. Because I got one, I changed the humbuckers on the 1968 by Single Coils. After removing, a P-90 is too small, and so they made P-94 just to fit in the hole where the original humbucker was. At first, they had only the neck PICK-UP, (now they sell these construction as BFG), so Bridge: HUM, neck Single. Never had a guitar, here a LES PAUL CUSTOM, who sounded better, but I returned to change Pick-Up 2. And BOOT, you know the rest of the story, I am afraid that my ex girlfriend threw away my box with the originals. Unless..... the attic.

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

Sorry forgot to ask: IS THERE A REASON WHY THAT GIBSON (OR 1968) SOUNDED SO FABULOUS? with NECK: P-94 and BRIDGE: the regular Humbucker? I even don't know if it is a PAF, it can be. And if yes, I contract a hitman. lol lol lol smile

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

I've played the P-90's on a couple guitars at sam ash, and they seem to have a lot more bite & growl than regular singlecoils...I think they're double wound, or something...I'm over my head here, but they don't sound like a strat style pickup.

As far as I knowP-90,s were hand wound figure of eight single coil.  Unless some one knows better ?   b.

I have the P-90 dog ears on my Jay Turser hollow body, and they sound terrific!  I normally play more jazz stuff with this guitar, but it's versatile enough where I can turn on the grunge and get nice Blues sound out of it.