Topic: WHAT WAS THE VERY FIRST ALBUM YOU BOUGHT OR RECEIVED

For some of us, it is such a long time ago, using, in my case, a turn table, where the cover was the speaker at the same time, it can be a nasty question But in my first 5 ALBUMS, I think that the very first album was:
- THE BEST OF THE BEE GEES, a double with an orange sleeve
- ELECTRIC WARRIOR by T-Rex
- ALADDIN SANE by David Bowie
There must be others I had earlier than Bowie, but I can't remember them now

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

Re: WHAT WAS THE VERY FIRST ALBUM YOU BOUGHT OR RECEIVED

mine was "the esential lenny bruce"

"Growing old is not for sissies"

I can't remember much before Tommy OST but maybe some sham 69

cheers

I'm the son of rage and love

I have answered this to a different topic in another section ,lol

But my first was

AC/DC    HIghway  To Hell

my first 7" record was  a song called stars on 45, or maybe that was the band? it was a medely of abba songs. I was 7 or 8 I tihnk.

my first 12" single was big country Wonderland.

And my first CD was Tesla " 5 man acoustical jam"

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

Jackson Browne- "Hold On, Hold Out"
Journey- "Escape"
AC/DC- "Back In Black"
Queen- "The Game"
Doobie Brothers- "One Step Closer"

I can clearly remember these 5 albums proped up, unwrapped, on the floor, under our family's Christmas tree.

Give everything but up.

First Album I bought with money from a summer job in 1970 was Ten years After's "Ssssh"
Still might have it but I think my daughter may purloined it. sad

Ark

My first album purchase was

Bruce the boss Springstein--Greetings from Asbury Park New Jersey
Wow , Were does the time go?????????????????

8 (edited by badeye 2007-12-10 20:24:30)

My first five were:

Powder Blues- The powder blues band

Alice Cooper's Greatest Hits

Rush- 2112

Foghat- Live

Three Dog Night-Ever Been To Spain

... Badeye.

one caper after another

Billy Joel - Piano Man

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

First one I ever got was Peter Paul & Mary's greatest hits.  My sister got a Donnie Osmond album the same year.
First two I ever spent my own money on, I'll never forget: Kiss Alive & ZZ Top Fandango!!

11 (edited by Henry Catman 2007-12-10 21:43:45)

MY first album was Motorheads "No sleep 'til Hammersmith". What an album, I mean, it just sums Motorhead head up in one concert. Pure brilliance

The first one I remember getting from somebody else was Elvis Live in Hawaii via Satellite.  I was only 8 or so but I loved my Elvis.  The first one I bought on my own was Kiss Alive II.  I'm not even sure I knew more than two songs from Kiss but I saw the faces on that alblum cover and the fact that they're were free stick on tattooos included and my money was as good as spent.  I was a big Kiss fan for years after that initial purchase.

UYK, I posted the same topic, but before I closed it, there was an urgent "email", result: lost the topic. I will see if the same topic is on another place.

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

First album I think was "Vehicle" by the Ides of March.
Blood Sweat & Tears album with 'Spinning Wheel' and 'God Bless the Child' (can't remember title).
"American Woman" by the Guess Who.

Still have these albums - but my daughter has claimed them all because vinyl is really cool now.

"That darn Pythagorean Comma thing keeps messing me up!"
[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pythagorean_comma[/url]

really embarrasing but the first song i bought was that frog song paul mccartney had out in the eightes i was only about 5 or 6 years old, and saved my lunch money for school to get it, i can still hear my favourite bit of the song now as im typing away, bom bom bom baaaeeeaaa. cant remember the name of it though.

my first album was bob dylans greatist hits when i was 10 got it in a jumble sale of all places and bought it because my dad used to talk about him and i wanted to know what the fuss was, my what a fuss!!

Don't Cry because it is over...

smile because it happened.    Gabriel GarcĂ­a Marquez

16 (edited by johncross21 2007-12-11 21:18:48)

it was a little while ago. i m struggling to remember

Sandinista by the Clash (must have been the pay no more than sticker and the fact it was a triple album) - it was a great album in many ways - but only listened to side 6 once or twice in 25 years

but there again it could have been Breakfast in America by Supertramp - my dad would have bought that for me.  it was quite jazzy

although I do also remember having Abba "Arrival" but if so it was given to me by my mum when i was 10  (honestly) - actually although it been too uncool to mention for 25 of the last 30 years but Abba seem to have occasional returns to fashion so better not knock it 

however it might have been parralel lines by Blondie which was on casette so i probably lost it in the mechanism of a tape recorder

Boston - self titled debut album

Boston (1976)

The resulting debut album, Boston, was an enormous success and helped revive the popularity of mainstream rock at a time when disco was beginning to dominate radio airplay and an ascendant punk was attracting critical acclaim. The record ranks as the best-selling debut album in U.S. history, with over 17 million copies sold, a rank it still holds.[1]

Damn - 1976 - I'm getting old!

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

I'm not too sure what my very first album was but I can remember buying the "Monkees" album but the title escapes me.
I also had albums by the "Loving Spoonful", "The Mammas and the Pappas" "Kinks" and "The Troggs".

My first single was: "Don't Treat Me Like a Child" by Helen Shapiro

My life is brilliant... Of this I'm sure.

Yardbirds......on a reel to reel tape.....out of my paper round money......I remember it well and freezing my nuts off every morning taking those damn papers out.

"Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life."

Not as easy to remember as first single (Virginia Plain by Roxy Music) but I suspect it was 'The Beatles Live At The Hollywood Bowl'. I wonder where this is now as it's the only Beatles album never to have been released on CD I think. Sound was awful, the Beatles performance was smoothered in screams, yet somehow it didn't put me off rock'n'roll at all...

'The sound of the city seems to disappear'

i have well over 100 cd's now but my first was creed human clay.

Bobaflex kicks some!!!!!

Left overture-Kansas nad about 300 albums and 800 cd's after that.

Bootlegger.

My first ever CD was U2's Rattle & Hum.  Queued up specially for it on the day of release... on my own roll

Didn't even have a CD player!

I'm the son of rage and love

The first album I ever bought was Bomb The Bass - Into The Dragon.
That purchase was too send me down a road of spending a heck of a lot cash on music, I've now got well over a thousand CD albums alone!!  I reckon a record exec somewhere has upgraded his BMW several times on the strength of my purchases alone!! lol

The first one I can recall owning ( although I never bought it) was Tommy - The Who. I pinched the cassete from my fathers car when I was about 11 years old and wore it out within a very short space of time. smile   

Craig.

Blind acceptance is a sign, of stupid fools who stand in line.  John Lydon.

'Mod' is a shorter word for 'young, beautiful and stupid' - we've all been there." - Pete Townshend.

I think my first album was the soundtrack to "the scorpian king" and thats what got me into music

The problem with the world is people having lack of commen sense...and warning labels. So if we remove warning labels the problem will fix itself.