Topic: AC/DC

This is also an "eternal" discussion, about who was/is the best singer: SCOTT? or JOHNSON?
All I know is that their SMASH album was released almost a year after Bon Scott died. Or did that album still had Bon Scott songs? Black in black: probably the two of them sang on the album. I love AC/DC, but except for the Young Brothers, don't know much

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

Re: AC/DC

in my opinion it was Bon Scott that did it for me

But Johnson's voice and agression in his singing is superb.
I love both.

Highway to hell was my first ever album when i was 10 or 11 years old, my mum went mental.

The songs on back in black were wrote in memory for Bon Scott, he never sang on any of the songs.

My favourite albums from AC DC are in no particular order

Dirty deeds
Highway to hell
Powerage
If you want blood
Back in black
for those about to rock

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

Bon Scott was the creator, Brian Johnson is the imitator, and a mighty fine one at that. I don't think any person sings like those guys sang in their normal voice. I don't know how they were able to perform as often as they did(DO), singing in that manner. It's cool though.........AC/DC kicks mega-boooty!!!!!

Give everything but up.

4 (edited by last_rebel 2007-12-09 22:27:27)

well, in my opinion it was the young brothers that were the heartbeat of the band, the singer WAS replacable, although diffucultly.
  Can't say I really have a preference, there was some good songs from both line-ups. I do have to say I LOVE that 'ba-a-a-ack, ba-a-a-a-ack....' lol

All You Need is Love smile

This situation reminds me really strong to VAN HALEN: David Lee Roth Am I dreaming or is it correct that they try to play again with David Lee Roth?

DID YOU KNOW THAT AC/DC, more specific the "YOUNG" brothers, have an older brother, who formed with VANDA (original Dutch=Vandenbergh) the EASYBEATS, having world fame with the song FRIDAY ON MY MIND, and a minor hit with HELLO HOW ARE YOU?

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

gitaardocphil wrote:

This situation reminds me really strong to VAN HALEN: David Lee Roth Am I dreaming or is it correct that they try to play again with David Lee Roth?

yep, they are already touring I think or will be very soon.

And I have I mentioned before that the Young Brothers are Scottish? lol. Another good product from here. lol

ken

Got my tickets this past saturday for the Van Halen show in Tampa on Feb 18th. They sold out in under 35 minutes! Eddie Van Halen is the reason I do what I do for a living. Eddies guitar playing used to move and motivate me like no other musician I have ever heard. Things went kinda bad for him after David Lee left the band but from what I've seen thus far on YouTube from their recent tour, things look like their back on the right track!!!
Look!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7rJAEvA-vk

Give everything but up.

Ok,
that was not bad at all. superb in fact!!

Just for dave lee roth i think i will have to go see them.

Only one thing. during that 5 minutes, they could have done another song and he could have showed off in solos in the songs.

I dont like seeing guitarists doing solos like this on stage with no other instruments mostly.
But I do like a good drum solo. but 2 minutes is long enough, anylonger it is the band filling in time so they can do less songs

Ken

Bonn was the one that done it for me, although Brian Johnson was more than an adequate replacement.

The one member I reckon is irreplacable is actually Malcom Young, strange as that may seem. smile

Craig.

Blind acceptance is a sign, of stupid fools who stand in line.  John Lydon.

'Mod' is a shorter word for 'young, beautiful and stupid' - we've all been there." - Pete Townshend.

Didn't the Young brothers come from Australia?

You have to forget about what other people say; when you're supposed to die, when you're supposed to be lovin'. You have to forget about all these things. You have to go on and be crazy. Craziness is like heaven.
                                                        -James Marshall Hendrix

The only original band member who was from australia was phil rudd, the drummer. Later on another aussie replaced cliff williams (bassist). malcom and angus started the band in australia though, picking up members from england and scotland... and yea thats pretty much all i know.

did you know they got their name off of a lable on a sewing machine? kinda strange.

also hi everybody, i kinda left the message boards for a few months but found my way back, forgot how much i loved it here smile

::kori::

If you spend your life judging people, how will you ever have time to love them ♥

Bon scott was the best singer in my opinion though the song 'back in black'wouldn't be the same without brian.

South Paw - The Red Hot chili peppers tour of Australia sold out in 5 minutes and I think the Spice Girls may have sold out in a matter of seconds.

[url=http://www.myspace.com/rdxfunk]www.myspace.com/rdxfunk[/url]

Wow - How did I almost miss this thread?

I agree with the others here that voted for the originals. Scott's vocals are a large part of what makes AC/DC. Although Johnson is an excellent replacement, there's always something about the original. Quite honestly, the BnB album was so overplayed, I kind of lost interest at that point.

Same thing for Van Halen. Although I was and still am a Sammy Hagar fan, before (going back to Montrose) and after VH, I never did go much for the Van Hagar or other variations of Van Halen after DLR.

Seen both bands in concert many times and by all accounts the new VH tour is rockin'!

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!