Topic: Need a little help from my friends.

Please help, I am still trying teach myself some rythmn, at the moment I am the musicians equivalent of Frank Bruno. Meaning, I know where  things are but my timing...  What relatively easy song would you recommend to practise on, to build confidence etc.....

Re: Need a little help from my friends.

timing hum....

The first song i could play in entirety was Take it easy.

I mean nothing hard timing wise

um theres lots of eagles songs with easy timing

Thank you, a friend of mine suggested old Beatles songs, any  in particular that spring to mind as I have managed to locate a compilation Cd from a relative.

I am struggling with this myself  Try wet wet wet  love is all aroung the timings just seem to come after a while  even if you dont lke the song you should know it!

This can be hard but once you get it- you've got it. go out and buy a cheap metronome ($10-15 bucks. Play a song you have heard a million times. set the nome at 50 bpm (or whatever is painfully slow) and work your way faster.

A wise old man once told me "dont try to get into the time, let it get into you"

Thank you for the advice, I think I will give that a go.

a few good songs to learn a bit of rythum. if you cant get these then I would give up and start playing electric lead guitar.

Lying eyes by the eagles,, knocking on heavens door by anyone

polly by nirvana.........passanger by iggy pop.

there are a lot more but try them first.

try playing along once then try without playing along to the music. When you play along with the music you might not get it exact and might be better doing it your own style.

I dont play every song the same way as the artist.

when playing without listening to the music, have the tune of the song in your head and do steady strumming

have fun

Ken

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

Best of My Love by The Eagles worked for me.

Some white stripes, Brigh eyes, Bobby D., The Greenhornes...The Bastards...  They work well for rythm practice, and many are great sociable songs.

Thank you very much, looks like I have a few ideas to work on now, I shall be scaring the birds out of the trees in no time.

I say if you don't have the rythm in you, then it's not wery easy to learn how to play music. but ther is one way maybe. You can listen to music then you can clap the basic ground-beat. And then you can go over to the guitar=)

timing is the problem you say? i used to struggle with timing. i suggest if you are finger picking, you write down; or say in your mind; a beat. for example, '1, 2 and 3 and 4 and...' as you play

this has helped me to play notes at the right time, without coming in too early or late

Thank you for the advice, sounds a good one to try.