Topic: Any Thoughts or Experiences with this brand?

I have a thing about buying inexpensive guitars, covering the name on the head stock and driving Mr. Guitar Brand Gawker crazy. You know the guy, the one who goes way out his way just to see what you're playing and then takes it upon himself to tell you his complete list of guitars he owns!?!?! If I know for sure I'm not going to sale a guitar I'll black out the name or cover it with an interesting sticker or other misc. items. I have a ying-yang pog on my Yamaha lefty acoustic/electric that someone left in my tip jar.(pog, not guitar) It looks very cool. Sometimes people see it and say to me, "wow dude, that ying-yang pog makes you look so very cool man, where can I get me one of them thangs?"  Anyways, I digress, here's the guitar I'm asking about;;;;;;;;;;;;;

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000I82LXI?smi … nkCode=asn

Give everything but up.

Re: Any Thoughts or Experiences with this brand?

Hey Southpaw, No personal experience but man that thing looks cool! Love the shape. Found some reviews here http://reviews.harmony-central.com/revi … JM+62/10/1   And even a video demo here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rcA7HGsfhC0 He's got 2 diffrent demos posted for it if you want to check out the other. Hope it helps ya out....Peace!

[b][color=#FF0000]If your brain is part of the process, you're missing it. You should play like a drowning man, struggling to reach shore. If you can trap that feeling, then you have something.
[/color][/b]         [b]Peace of mind. That's my piece of mind...[/b]

Thats a nice guitar

Biggest Kaz Fan on Caws.ws
[img]http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/2219/kazcopyhd8.jpg[/img]
Cred in profile.
You see, back in the 90's and before if you tried to headbutt a Samoan you were a dumbass. It didn't hurt them, it *censored*ed you up.-Donjyo™

Play it. If you like it, buy it. Screw whoever thinks it sucks because it's not a brand name guitar.

That said, I do appreciate quality. But I HATE paying for a name. Hence why I play an Epiphone.

"You have to get over the love of power, and enjoy the power of love, in order to know peace."
-Jimi Hendrix.

Guitarpix wrote:

Hey Southpaw, No personal experience but man that thing looks cool! Love the shape. Found some reviews here http://reviews.harmony-central.com/revi … JM+62/10/1   And even a video demo here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rcA7HGsfhC0 He's got 2 diffrent demos posted for it if you want to check out the other. Hope it helps ya out....Peace!

Thanks for the info Guitarpix. The reviews and video were extremely helpful. My mind is made up, if I have a good weekend giggin' I'm gonna have to get that bad boy!

Peace and Guitars,
SouthPaw41L

Give everything but up.

Cool, If you get her let me know what you think. For the price I may have to get one myself:) Peace!

[b][color=#FF0000]If your brain is part of the process, you're missing it. You should play like a drowning man, struggling to reach shore. If you can trap that feeling, then you have something.

Guitarpix wrote:

Cool, If you get her let me know what you think. For the price I may have to get one myself:) Peace!

I might need your help in persuading my wife that this guitar will be an equitable investment. The more positive posts, the better my chances are in proving my theory to the Mrs.. She mostly always replies " you must be the most equitable man in the world with your 22 guitars."/!?!?!? I play all of them, really!

Also, I don't know if you noticed or not but the guitar link I posted is a left-handed version. I'm sure they make a righty version I just wanted to make sure you didn't order the "wrong size".

Peace and Guitars,
SouthPaw41L

Give everything but up.

Only 22?...lol   My wife put her foot down at #16! She said no more guitars untill I sell some. So I'll keep my 16 guitars (for now) but she left me a loop hole in stating only guitars. I now have my eye on a set of Latin Percussion bongos and congos with stands. They're for my 9 year old for christmas wink...lol Who knows he may actually show some interest in them once they arrive. I'm sure I'll find them entertaining. Peace!

I dont care what brand a guitar is,I'm lucky to have one.Unlike most of you,I dont have a job and/or i dont have a parent who buys me new guitar just beacuse i want one.

Biggest Kaz Fan on Caws.ws
[img]http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/2219/kazcopyhd8.jpg[/img]
Cred in profile.
You see, back in the 90's and before if you tried to headbutt a Samoan you were a dumbass. It didn't hurt them, it *censored*ed you up.-Donjyo™

Hi Vise Evans,
You must be new to the site, so Welcome To You!

I have read lots of post here over months ! Do you know i have heard grown men nearly cry for the want of a particular Guitar. Ive read post about
saving, about layaway { which i had to ask family in America what that meant} about working overtime.  I read links with chordies giving advice
about where and how they may get it cheaper.
Ive also read post when they did achieve there dream.
There posting including drool In a word "Orgasmic". One can sence there excitement about there new Guitar.

Now i dont think there are to many here with wealthy Dads buying
Guitars. There passion is in the playing of and wanting a better sound.
I personally was given the gift of a guitar only last week. Blessed i felt!

Vise Evans, what ever you want from life go get it. Everything is possible.
You just have to decide how you personally can do this!
If you love Guitars, i wish you many of them in your lifetime to enjoy.
But dont ruin it for yourself by sounding like your begrudgeing every
one else. Thats a negative!.
I wish you your dreams in abundance.

Slán
Old Doll.

Why Blend in with the Crowd ? When you were made to stand out !

11 (edited by Old Doll 2007-12-15 08:49:58)

Vise Evans!

Upon reflection of my post! I never did ask you " do you own a guitar?
or borrow one?

Email me privately please! I am away for 2 days, so i will answer your
post on return!

Slán

Old Doll.

Why Blend in with the Crowd ? When you were made to stand out !

The ricks and hoffner that the beatles started with were in their hands because they were cheap instruments. Try to find a cheap rickenbacker now.

"Nobody paints by ear so why would I play guitar by sight?" hmm

Hey Southpaw,
                     I got one in yesterday! Wow really impressed for the money! Nice finish. The set up was fairly good also... She playes and sounds wonderfully. I was thinking of changing the pick ups when I ordered but after playing it, I think they're just fine. The neck is a little chunkier that I expected on an electric but I actually prefer that feel. I got the 3 p90 pick up version in sunburst. I'm uploading pics (excuse the finger prints..lol) to my flickr account at the moment. If you want to check them out follow the link in my signature. Peace!

Guitarpix wrote:

Hey Southpaw,
                     I got one in yesterday! Wow really impressed for the money! Nice finish. The set up was fairly good also... She playes and sounds wonderfully. I was thinking of changing the pick ups when I ordered but after playing it, I think they're just fine. The neck is a little chunkier that I expected on an electric but I actually prefer that feel. I got the 3 p90 pick up version in sunburst. I'm uploading pics (excuse the finger prints..lol) to my flickr account at the moment. If you want to check them out follow the link in my signature. Peace!

Congratulations!!!!  I think I'm gonna have to pick up the left-handed version of what you got (if my gig tonight is as good as last night it's a sealed deal). Glad to hear you're happy with your new guitar and thanks for the review!!

Peace and Guitars,
SouthPaw41L

Give everything but up.