Topic: What do you know about country music outlaws?

Most of us grew up listening to Merle Haggard

David Allan Coe, Johnny Paycheck, and Johnny

Cash but what do you really know about them?

Re: What do you know about country music outlaws?

well watching "Walk the line" lets you know a little bit about Johnny cash. But there is a book about his life which I am told is a very good read, even for people that dont like his music, he was a true hellraiser.

I have still yet to read tha book.

The others you mention, i have never heard of. I grew p with Punk, rock, heavy metal and....and.....lmao,,,,, Abba

Ken

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

i know willie nelson's been in jail millions of times for pot

<table border="0" align="center" width="90%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td class="SmallText"><b>upyerkilt wrote on Wed, 17 May 2006 14&#58;13</b></td></tr><tr><td class="quote">
well watching "Walk the line" lets you know a little bit about Johnny cash. But there is a book about his life which I am told is a very good read, even for people that dont like his music, he was a true hellraiser.

I have still yet to read tha book.

Ken
</td></tr></table>

I havent read the book either but my friend is reading it right now he says its incredible

johnny cash, waylon jennings, willie nelson and kris kristophereson (spellings wrong) all used to be in a band called the highwaymen. i heard waylon jennings (in walk the line he's the lead guiatrist in cash's band) spent a lot of time kicking around central/south america pretending to be cowboy. johnny cash spun a lot of crazy stories not all of which are true. willie nelson owns a biodiesel gas station in texas. he did a lot to bring teh country crowd and the hippies together. merle haggard was too drunk to get out bed for years. all of those guys did time for fighting, drugs, general uproar. most of them were drug addicts/alcoholics at some point. check out townes van zandt if you like that kind of stuff.