Topic: Need help finding a riff..

Could any kind Chordian possibly help me work out the notes needed to play a riff that I've always loved but can't find anywhere, please?

The song is actually an old Dance/Rave tune from the early 90's or late 80's; Bomb The Bass - Megablast. The tune itself is a version of the music from the film 'Assault on Precinct 13', ye know the one that goes, doot doora doot doora doora, doot doora doot doora doora?  Soz, it's the best explanation of the tune I can muster, being slightly inebriated.

The thing is, me mam gave me a 'Record player' so as I could play all me old vinyl!!!!  Yep, one of 'em fings that plays huge black vinyl CD's lol. So I've been having a whale of a time trawling through my old albums, 12"s and singles.
When I stumbled on this particular tune it reignited my love for it and  I decided I'd like to have a go at it on me ole Guitar, methinks it will be presented to PJ to interpret it. Amy and KT being tempremental little guitars that only play what they want to play,  when they want to play it!! Coupla wee buggers that they are! lol

Anyhoo, it may be that it can't be played on guitar, or that the ole purists would flog me for deigning to let that filthy Dance music near a work of art that is the Guitar, but, ye'd make a rather tiddly, old(well am 34!) man, trying too relive his former youthfull days of dance glory in the form of guitar, rather happy if it ye could help me out. smile

I really would appreciate it if someone knew how ta work it out for me, I just don't know how to play by ear or I would have done it meself. smile

Fanx, Craig. smile

P.S  Soz if I rambled a wee bit there. I'll never learn tae stay away from my pooter whilst I've got a Red Stripe in hand! smile

Craig.

P.P.S  Happy Boxing Day. smile

Craig.

P.P.P.S  If ye have to suffer a genre you really can't stand, then I'll appreciate your effort twice as much. smile Fanx again.

Blind acceptance is a sign, of stupid fools who stand in line.  John Lydon.

'Mod' is a shorter word for 'young, beautiful and stupid' - we've all been there." - Pete Townshend.

Re: Need help finding a riff..

Hi Craig & Happy Boxing Day to you too!
Is this the tune?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0YDp77erUD8

"That darn Pythagorean Comma thing keeps messing me up!"
[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pythagorean_comma[/url]

James, me ole cocker. That is indeed the tune I'm after.:):):):):):)

The part at 1.05 - 1.26 would be greatly appreciated. the part from 0.45 - 1.05 would be an added bonus indeed.

Pretty pretty please, come up with the notes someone. smile  Ad be extremely gratefull. Fanx. smile

Craig.

'Mod' is a shorter word for 'young, beautiful and stupid' - we've all been there." - Pete Townshend.

---6--6---6---h9---6-6--h9-6---
---------------------
---------------------
---------------------
---------------------
---------------------

--4444--h7--44--h7--4-----------
---------------------
---------------------
---------------------
---------------------
---------------------

for the first part?

Scrimmy, Al give that a go first thing tomorow, inability too pick up guitar without dropping is kinda holding me back at the mo, but if it works, many thanks too ya.  smile

I should mention, this was the first record I ever bought....Bright eyes being the one that was bought FOR me! lol

Craig.

No bother mate, glad to help out a fellow Scot smile

Gawd bless ye me auld cocker.

Thats why this site is so damned good, No snidey comments and always someone prepared ta help out. Thanx.

Craig.