Re: lost music

jerome.oneil wrote:

My dad was a fireman.  That's why I'm so freaking awesome.  big_smile

Cool.  I wondered what it was.  My dad was an aeronautics engineer and Methodist layspeaker.  No hope for me I guess.   yikes

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

27 (edited by petermiss 2007-12-28 23:07:49)

Well, that was a refreshing little dispute with the big d, wasn't it...

Funny to see how the chordinas (the real ones I mean) stand up for the site and people they never met other than virtualy. I love this site because everyone try to help eachother by their own best effort. No question is a stupid question and even a rookie like myself can contribute with my rookie knowledge. If you get something wrong or don't know the whole story there is always someone who picks up and explain without stepping on the less educated.

Thanks friends.
/Missen

By the way, my father got his pension two years ago. Now he lives at the golf course but he still can't hit a decent drive. Bit like me playing a guitar...
If you love what you do, there is no need to be good at it :-)    (that sounded cool, think i'll use that as a signature)

If you love what you do, there's no need to be good at it...

what problems ? i visited the site its ok he aint no different then the rest of us just trying to make a few bucks

gitaardocphil wrote:

I just found a fantastic website, where all your problems can be solved in a blink of an eye
www.jp-cormier.com
Great site fore people who think great

"Growing old is not for sissies"

arkady wrote:

l remember bigdjindustriez he's the young guy from a big guitaring family (checked them out on utube) . Those of us who have been around on Chordie for a while may remember the post.

"Tips for beginners (Seriously, Read this, it will help you alot) " it sparked off a major Guitar and String dispute at the time with another knowledgeable Guitarist and others. I think he quite enjoyed the notoriety of the dispute on Chordie as sometimes the young do.
I guess he knew what reaction he would get when he posted these daft statements about Chordie.
We all know that Chordie is a force of great help to most if not all in their own personal goals in guitar playing.

bigdjindustriez may have had a bad day because alot of his posts have been intelligent and helpful in the past.
Even this post enriches the forum and makes it a place where people of various ages and characters can make their views known.
Ark

Nope, DJ's pretty well always a windbag. However, he is occaisonally right.

"You have to get over the love of power, and enjoy the power of love, in order to know peace."
-Jimi Hendrix.

I think, with all your WISDOM and as musician that you don't have a lot of popularity with your "jackass" songs, pronably hidden in a place where the sun don't shine.

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

SGinCYQX wrote:
arkady wrote:

l remember bigdjindustriez he's the young guy from a big guitaring family (checked them out on utube) . Those of us who have been around on Chordie for a while may remember the post.

"Tips for beginners (Seriously, Read this, it will help you alot) " it sparked off a major Guitar and String dispute at the time with another knowledgeable Guitarist and others. I think he quite enjoyed the notoriety of the dispute on Chordie as sometimes the young do.
I guess he knew what reaction he would get when he posted these daft statements about Chordie.
We all know that Chordie is a force of great help to most if not all in their own personal goals in guitar playing.

bigdjindustriez may have had a bad day because alot of his posts have been intelligent and helpful in the past.
Even this post enriches the forum and makes it a place where people of various ages and characters can make their views known.
Ark

Nope, DJ's pretty well always a windbag. However, he is occaisonally right.

Perhaps you know the guy better than me. For I'm only going by what I've seen on the forum since he's been posting.

Ark

oh dear something that doesnt often happen.

I have actually missed all of this since the last time I posted saying this site was getting them from other sites.

I think I just missed a cracking oppoprtunity for a one sided argument.

Bigdj,
I am sure someone has answered you to what you asked me about why do you not just go to the original site but I will say my bit, or repeat what someone else has said.

Why go to the original sites when you can get them from one site? here!. and if the song is not here then we rely on members to "ADD SONGS" to the site, then the site will have them.
  What you asked is like saying to a person why go to a supermarket? why not go to  a butcher then go to the fishmonger, the nafter that go to the newsagents, then go to the freezer shop then go to grocers, after that you need a pair of trousers, so you have to go to a clothes shop, oh yeah and you just remembered you need food for your plants in the garden ,well it is off to a garden centre now.
Are you getting the message son?
having things in one place is a good idea.

so, if there is a song not in chordie but you find it in another site, the ndirect chordie to it by using the resources and adding a song.

Also, have other sites got the option of making your own songbook? have they a forum to discuss stuff and get help?

If so, then feel free to disappear if not and you like the site then why try to bring it down?

I am going to lock this site now so there are no more arguments or potential arguments that there is no need for,
But if you would like to discuss it more please feeel free to email me

Ken

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending