Topic: Are Esteban's any good

Monday the 16 I purchased a Esteban acoustic guitar from a woman that knows nothing about guitars. It wasn't tuned or anything still had the original strings on. My question is are Esteban guitars any good? Also, should I buy new strings if so what kind?

Re: Are Esteban's any good

hi tiger and welcome to chordie

I do not know the guitar you got but as for the strings, probably better getting new ones. Which ones? ye would be best taking it to a shop first to find out what strings are best suited for the guitar ( as I found out on here last week) for the first time changing them. When they get changed find out what gauge they are so you can do it yourself next time.
Or you can just go out and buy a few different gauges and spend time deciding what ones you like.

KEn

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

That what I thought to thanks man oh and how do you tell if a guitar is not truly pitched and how do you fix it.

into a shop with it for proffesional advice and let them tell you and let them fix it. Shouldnt cost that much.

ken

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

Ok thanks I thought I had to buy a whole other guitar.

Tigerhood, what you are talking about is the intonation of the guitar. To check that, what you do is tune the guitar open with an electronic tuner. now check the tunning at the 12th fret. Just pressing down hard enough to get a clear sound. If the strings are in tune down there then the intonation is correct. If it isn't your bridge is either to close or to far away from the center of the strings.

Edward

What's the note I'm suppose to be tuning to

It really doesn't matter. Just use standard tuning. EADGBE Tune your guitar to these notes open then check them at the 12th fret they should be the same just an octive higher.

E = 6th string thickest
A = 5th
D = 4th
G = 3rd
B = 2nd
E = 1st Thinnest

Edward

I checked it its good thanks for the info though

Esteban HAHA.  I Love his Christmas TV commercials "I Was in a plane wreck and I made this guitar out of my leg after I sawed it off to escape the wreckage"  Ok I might have exaggerated a bit, but they are funny.  He can play good for sure, but his guitars are garbage, cheaply made usually out of plywood.

DJ Cormier
[url=http://www.bigdjindustriez.tk]www.bigdjindustriez.tk[/url]
myspace.com/bigdjindustriez

not really

I agree. I dont know if Id call them garbage but i do know theyre cheaply made. TIGERHOOD i dont know what you paid for the esteban guitar but ive seen some decent quality instruments for about 100 buck or a little over. I had great success with the takamine jasmine guitar. Decent quality and sound excellent, plus it plays good too! It cost me $130 with a cutaway.... eight years later I still have it and still play it everyday even though i have a $600 dollar dean! My jasmine still get more play. Yeah on a serious note get rid of it and look into low model takamines for a decent beginner instrument. I dont know what your skill is but Itll be worth it. and i promise you no one will laugh at you when you show up with a takamine! as for strings try the elixor poly web in a light guage. ask for lights. Theyre a bit pricey like 15 bucks but they sound awsome and last such a long time. Its all Ive ever used and so should you! GOOD PLAYING!

bigdjindustriez, I suppose you wear a string, which can be used too? I would love that sound.
By the way, what do you play, brand(s), style?
big_smile

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

I actively participate on three web forums.  This one, one oriented towards fishing, and one oriented towards kayaking & canoeing.  Three of my five passions (the other two being eating good food and my family, not necessarily in that order). 

In all of those web sites in all of the time I've been doing it, there is only one person for whom I have used the "ignore" function.  If it were available on Chordie bigdjindustriez would be the second.  I have not seen one thing of merit written by that individual.  He is insulting and inflammatory for the mere purpose of being insulting and inflammatory it seems.  I don't have time for people like that.  Grow up and be civil bigdjindustriez.  Best advice I can give you.  Until then, adieu.

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

I have deleted two inappropriate posts and I am closing this thread.

I will not allow this site to degenerate into a racist slanging match.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"