Topic: Guitar make and model?

Just picked up a new guitar from the shop, a very old hollow body electric with no sound holes. Have no idea what the make or model is, let alone the year. They told me it may be a Supro, but aren't sure. It's got the body of a Les Paul with a LP looking neck and a horrendous headstock on it along with a tailpiece. Sounds great anyways. But it's in rough shape and I plan on fixing it up and painting it. Will be posting some pics of it shortly, hopefully someone can help me figure out what it is.

You have to forget about what other people say; when you're supposed to die, when you're supposed to be lovin'. You have to forget about all these things. You have to go on and be crazy. Craziness is like heaven.
                                                        -James Marshall Hendrix

Re: Guitar make and model?

Does it look like any of the guitars here; http://www.suprousa.com/ ?

Sometimes you have to burn a few bridges
to keep the crazies from following you.

No but thanks for the link. It's a hollow body with a tailpiece but looks almost exactly like a Les Paul. As soon as I get back to school and get my digital camera cable I'll upload pics of it. Should be up around the 4th

You have to forget about what other people say; when you're supposed to die, when you're supposed to be lovin'. You have to forget about all these things. You have to go on and be crazy. Craziness is like heaven.
                                                        -James Marshall Hendrix

Also as for restoration, is there anything I should really be looking for, damages wise, etc. I plan on polishing it, etc. and replacing the neck since it's cracked

-James Marshall Hendrix

Alright, I got the pics on my computer, so where are all you tech savvy people to tell me how to post them on here?

-James Marshall Hendrix

etc_04 wrote:

Just picked up a new guitar from the shop, a very old hollow body electric with no sound holes. Have no idea what the make or model is, let alone the year. They told me it may be a Supro, but aren't sure. It's got the body of a Les Paul with a LP looking neck and a horrendous headstock on it along with a tailpiece. Sounds great anyways. But it's in rough shape and I plan on fixing it up and painting it. Will be posting some pics of it shortly, hopefully someone can help me figure out what it is.

This may have what you're looking for;

http://www.ducksdeluxe.com/datesvc.html

Give everything but up.

Good Morning Paw. After reading this topic and answers, I will post a topic about "visualising" a guitar.
BTW: how are you?

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]