Topic: Gmaj7 Continued (please look at difference in Chords )

Just to continue this,

I have to tell you, this is a good point here. I don't think many people use all the notes in a complicated chord, but it is good for improving.

But the main point I would like to make is that on THREE CHORD WEB SITES , I do not see this fingering as "Gmaj7" , and I have a chord book "the ultimate chord book" by Don Latarski ( Warner Bros. publication ) and the five chrods they show are not the same as well.
One more POINT : two of the Chord sites show Gmaj7 as opposite of what is on Chordie for the first open Chord: the version I have found twice on Chord finder sites is (xx5432) , On Chordie (xx2345) .

I have noticed many Gmaj7 chords on Chrdie, and it never seems to sound correct, so I am assuming this may be an alternative, but can both be right   (xx2345) VS (xx5432) ?

This is not a knock against anyone here including you Roger , just something I noticed and struggle with when I come across this chord.

Thanks,

Jerry

Re: Gmaj7 Continued (please look at difference in Chords )

Hi jerryratpack,

Interesting point you have raised here so I have checked with my favourite chord finder chart at: http://www.all-guitar-chords.com/chord_name.php

According to it the chord listed as Gmaj7 xx2345 is not a chord at all and as you say the reverse xx5432 (which is easier to play) is in fact Gmaj7. Also the three other alternative fingerings I gave in the other Gmaj7 thread are correct.

Perhaps the more technically minded members will pick this up and add their comments and if the listed fingering is incorrect I am sure that Per will amend it.

Thank you,

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Hi Roger,

Thanks for checking into it. I should of listed the chord sites to assist better, but I see you already found one of them that I use as well.

it will be interesting to see how this plays out ( I guess there is a "pun intended" !

Thanks again and Happy new year !

Jerry

Hi Jerry,

I have spoken to Per about this and he has found an error in the database. I have checked and found that the chord is now correct in the Songs section and in the original songs from the Songwriting section of the forum. It is still incorrect on the Chord Chart however and that is being looked into.

Thank you for pointing this out.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Now it is fixed in the chord chart as well. Thanks for reporting this bug.

Roger / Admin ,

Thanks for looking into this.

Everyone does a great job on this site.

Please keep up the outstanding job !

Jerry

And then you have the "EAGLE'S version of the Gmaj7 chord (ie Lyin' Eye's)

Nela