Topic: iPod Notes

Your songbook can now be exported as an iPod Notes file. The layout options are fairly limited for these files, but I found them "playable".

I am looking forward to feedback on this. Is it useful?

Re: iPod Notes

This is now also directly available from the public songbooks, but you need to log in before seeing the option.

how do i transfer my chorded music into my ipod.when i tried it would not let me check enable disc use in manual mode. i do not want to use autosync, since i have 2 different ipods?

I am pretty sure you will have to enable disc use manually, but I am no iPod experts. Maybe ask for help in some iPod-realted forums?

brilliant, this is just what i needed, love it =]

for some reason i need a password to extract the files to my notes section.....does the administration know anything?????    Please help.

im getting a page not found error when i try to download the iPod songbook

im on my office computer right now and it might have something to do with the extensive firewall we have here, ill try again at home, but i figured i would post and see if anyone else has this problem

Hey Where do i download it from

i'm also getting a problem with "page not found" messages when i try to download, and i'm at home...no firewall problems here.  any suggestions?

This does not work. it looks just the same as if I took the thing, put it in a .txt file and put it in the notes section. It allows about 48-49 characters per line, so you should do it yourself by copying and pasting and reducing the dashes per line.

It is plain text only. At the moment this is the only thing the ipods support at the moment. I am hoping this will be better for the next generation.

It does however order your songbook, and it does create a menu-system. It should also create some chord-grid-images (newest ipod versions only).

Unfortunately it is not very fancy looking. The idea is more that you can download all your songs, and have them available when you are offline and just cant remember how to play it.

I have gotten some "page not found" error messages. If anyone are able to reproduce this, please tell me. I will fix it.

Hiya,

Getting the "page not found" error when trying to download the zipped up notes, unfortunately. This used to work, but now doesnt. I went directly into the tmpzip folder and noticed that my file wasnt there, which is of course why the file not found error occurs. So basically its failing to zip up my files.. any idea why?

thanks,
Kommie

Please repeat this on the same songbook, and tell me if you still are having problems.

The songs are removed from this folder after a few minutes. And probably something went wrong there. Ive had a few complaints about this, but have not been able to reproduce this error myself.

If you are able to reproduce it, tell me what songbook you are having this problem on, and I will fix it.

I am Also getting a File not found error when i try to download these files, can you please help?

It is working on my computer, and I need more specific info to fix this.

Please include:
- Browser version
- Songbook name
- Does it happen repeatedly on this book?
- Does it happen on other books?

This doesn't work for me either. I seem to have problems with any songbook.  I am getting "File Not Found" when I try to generate IPOD NOTES for my songbook or a public songbook.  I've tried it on Explorer 7.0 (Win XP) and Safari (Mac OS).  any ideas?

Please beware that this is my first time trying this. Maybe I am doing something wrong.

Not sure what happened, but I am not able to get the songbooks to my IPOD. Thanks. this is great.

I am still unable to do it, no matter what songbook i use and i'm using Explorer 7.0
PLEASE HELP

hey there. this feature doesn't seem to work for me... i get a lot of warning messages as it tries to run the php script, and at the end does not generate the downloadable file... shame, i was looking forward to it!

Just tested with IE7, and it worked fine.

Could you give me more details? Are you logged in when you get the errors? Are you trying to access your private songbooks, or the public ones?