Topic: WHY SIXTIES music STILL STANDS AS A ROCK+WHAT HAPPENED in the 7ties

We all talk, listen and like the sixties. Even young chordians start to appreciate those years.
What was so special about the MUSIC SCENE, with highlights as the MONTEREY festival, and of course WOODSTOCK.
I was told that the ALTAMONT concert, an 18 year old "kid" was killed by one of the hell's angels, responable for the security. This image is burned forever in my mind. Jagger, saw something and tried to calm down, and Keith, well he continued playing still for a minute, WAS THE BEGIN OF THE ENDING.
Is it also related with politics, war....

I can tell you only that a lot of songs are still standing.

Which European bands were very popular in the USA?
- I encounter quit a lot the HOLLIES, and probably Graham Nash played an important role, being one of the founding members of CSN & YOUNG
Here in Europa, we are very familiar with Tony James and the shondells.
We only know here "Crimson and clover", but they have at least 10 songs, high ranked in the billboard top 100

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

Re: WHY SIXTIES music STILL STANDS AS A ROCK+WHAT HAPPENED in the 7ties

I love the 60's music the lyrics are good and there's meaning to them, well most of the time anyway. Most of the songs I have collected are from the 60's decade. Most are easy to play and the lyrics are fairly easy to transpose from record to paper, then the working out of the chords. That's how I did all of my 300 songs but now I have CHORDIE to do all of that. But some of the songs in here have to be altered as a lot of the chords don't fit or they're in the wrong place; there are some songs with verses missing so I also add them to finish the song.

My life is brilliant... Of this I'm sure.