Topic: For All You Virgin Fingers..It Does Get Better

I was reading some new topics and found a familar theme..."my fingers are killing me"...Well up until a month ago I haven't played an entire song in over 20 years....I too had the bad fingers...What I did...I started playing until they began to hurt..then quit...the next day or next session..I tried to extend my time buy 5 minutes each time I would play...Lord and Behold..As I said...It's been just about a month and now I can play for about an hour and a half before I can feel any discomfort now...So it does get better...Hang in there guys & gals...all the hard work and ice water on the fingers will be a distant memory!!! It took 30 days for me to realize I missed the previous 20 years of not playing...

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL!!!

Re: For All You Virgin Fingers..It Does Get Better

I agree.  I got my first acoustic Nov '07 as a birthday gift.  I have been playing every day since and I have successfully gotten past "my fingers are killing me!"  I do have to admit that I have trouble picking small items up (coins or picks) with my left hand, my fingertips have lost some sensitivity with the extra skin thickness!

Re: For All You Virgin Fingers..It Does Get Better

Just wait till you try bass, you get extra calluses on your two right hand plucking fingers...

'The sound of the city seems to disappear'