Topic: Feelin' Allright

No, not the Dave Mason song.  Me.  After, I don't know - a long time anyway - I am able to get a half-way reliable Bm chord and F#m chord using the barre forms.  I can actually strum through a song with only a little perturbation in rhythm to accomodate the barre chords.  Not perfect, not even good, but almost adequate.  And I'm pretty stoked with almost adequate at this point!

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Re: Feelin' Allright

There is a guitarist named Zurf
He practiced 'til his fingers all hurt
He'll be a big star, cos he knows how to barre
And change chords now with hardly a burp!

Zurf!  Zurf!  Go Zurf Go!

"That darn Pythagorean Comma thing keeps messing me up!"
[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pythagorean_comma[/url]

3 (edited by 25Frankster 2008-01-09 14:53:22)

Nice!!!  And with a little drum in the mix, no one would ever hear the little pause!

And once you get a couple, then the whole fretboard opens up--hit your G at 3, your A at 5, and hit your Bm at 7...it's all the same form!  Now that I have an electric, I'm working on the barre chords between 8-11.  Same form, but just have to get the muscle memory...and smush my fingers.

Good job Zurf!

Just to clear things up, I think what you'r talking about the G and the Bm are not the same form.

5 (edited by alvee33 2008-01-09 17:11:59)

In Frankster's defense there is only 1 finger of a difference and all that involves is lifting your middle finger. Same form. Know what you mean.

Oh, and well done Zurf. I still hate the 6th Root minor barre chords. But like you they are coming along nicely.

Is anything really made up of zeros and ones??

Thanks folks!  I'm feeling the love.

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude