Topic: whats a good acoustic electric to buy

i wanna buy a acoustic electric which is a good one for about 250 or so some where around there

Re: whats a good acoustic electric to buy

250 what? $, £, Euro?

I love my Yamaha APX500 electro acoustic. Cost me £200 (about $400).

Sounds great. Plays nice.

Is anything really made up of zeros and ones??

I have an Ibanez in the 350.00 price range and I love the way it plays. I never had a fender, but I here they have a great guitar in your price range.

I use a Takamine "G" series Electric Acoustic ... little on the pricey side ($499) but well worth it

One thing I've learned is buy right the first time if you can afford it ... eventually you'll end up "upgrading" a cheaper acoustic ... in the long run you'll be happier

Electric:  Gibson Les Paul Studio, Schecter Omen 6, PRS SE Custom
Acoustic:  Fender Talman, Yamaha
Amp:  Fender Super Champ XD/Line6 Spider III 75

I have a Dean Performer that I like a lot. Think I paid just over $300 for it.

It that 250 refers to American dollars, I'd be looking at Stagg for new or at trade ins of Takemines or Ibanezes or Yamahas. 

You'd do well to find a shop that does trades and keep checking in with them.  Let them know what you're looking for and if you're lucky you might get a call when something good comes in.  But don't count on it.  Keep dropping by to look over their stock. 

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

grayfriar wrote:

I got one of these for Christmas.  I love it!  $270.00 at Guitar Center.

Big fan of Takamines. But play 'em all. There is one for everyone

I used to be disgusted; now I try to be amused.
Elvis Costello

Edgefan wrote:
grayfriar wrote:

I got one of these for Christmas.  I love it!  $270.00 at Guitar Center.

That sounds about right. And they have some really nice new ones now at Dean Guitars.

$250 for a decent acoustic electric is gonna be tough. If you can stretch another $50-100, you should look into Ibanez. I've made a couple trips to Guitar Center and played a WHOLE bunch of their acoustic/electric guitars. IMHO, nothing in the same price range sounds nearly as good as the Ibanez. I got mine for $299 on sale and love it!

One of my all-time favorite guitars is my Oscar Schmidt acoustic-electric. $299 regular price, I have no idea about the model name. Blue with the grain showing, rosewood fretboard, sightly thinner than a standard acoustic and a cutaway. Give one a shot if you find it.

"You have to get over the love of power, and enjoy the power of love, in order to know peace."
-Jimi Hendrix.

I love guitars, 23 pieces now. I have a Martin D-1 Electro-acoustic.
I had a VARIAX line6 700 acoustic, but I traded it for a Burns 2x6, and an extra €300 on top.
I don't regret the trade, I just regret that I don't have no longer this Variax.

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

i have an alverez accoustic ($300.00)and bough a shadow pick up ($75.00)for it and would not trade it for anything
randy

always pickin someting

i have a hohner electric accustic i paid 275.00 it stays in tune great and the action is as good as any i have played in the music store,naturally i would love a martin or gibson if not for the name itself and they dont make bad guitars but a experienced musician can make even a 2/4 with strings sound good and he can only play better on a fine instrument

"Growing old is not for sissies"

If you had about 3000 more dollars, you could buy a gibson. I think they are the verry best there is.

Blues is easy to play, but hard to feel
Jimi Hendrix
cool danspr

Actually, danspr, for an unlimited-budget acoustic I'd take a Martin or a Taylor over a Gibson.

"You have to get over the love of power, and enjoy the power of love, in order to know peace."
-Jimi Hendrix.

Tim0473 wrote:

I use a Takamine "G" series Electric Acoustic ... little on the pricey side ($499) but well worth it

One thing I've learned is buy right the first time if you can afford it ... eventually you'll end up "upgrading" a cheaper acoustic ... in the long run you'll be happier

Agreed...I own the same and it plays beautifully

I used to be disgusted; now I try to be amused.
Elvis Costello

You can get several different designs of Cort electro-acoustic for around £200 each, they're definitely worth trying.

SGinCYQX wrote:

Actually, danspr, for an unlimited-budget acoustic I'd take a Martin or a Taylor over a Gibson.

Not here, I've had each of the 3 ( Taylor, Martin, and Gibson ) all 3 were equivalent in price and design. The Martin and the Taylor are long gone but Gibson J-45 remains with me. It's the finest made and best sounding  acoustic guitar my hands have ever touched. My son gets it after  I've played my final song.
   As far as  low cost acoustic/electric guitars Alvarez makes some good quality, affordable products. I've posted this before but I'll say it again, go to a music store and play every guitar in your price range. Buy the one that sounds and feels the best to you.

Give everything but up.