Topic: Settings for Acoustic amp

Hi i`ve just bought myself an Roland Ac-60 amp. I use a Yamaha llx6 with piezo mic. I just wondered how du set the parameters in the guitar and vocal .(treble, mid and bass).

Re: Settings for Acoustic amp

This is a topic that  am interested in, myself.  I have an AC-60 Roland acoustic amp, as well, that I use with my Takamine acoustic/electric guitar. I also would like to ubnderstand more about the chorus functions. This is a GREAT small amp, has a lot of features and can really pack a punch. Roland now has a AC-90 acoustic amp and I have heard a lotta good thing about it. Small package with a whole lotta sound.

Nela

I like my amp very much too, but im no expert in these settings. especally the vocal part. Well i be very happy for suggestions smile

I have a Crate acoustic amp with an Ovation acoustic/electric.  For the adjustments, I normally start with every EQ level in the middle first.  This means all knobs and slides on both your amp and your guitar (assuming you have a EQ preamp on your guitar) need to be in the middle.  Then, start playing some of your tunes and start making fine adjustments from there to suit your room and acoustic taste. 

For the other settings on the amp, some amps have chorus (flange), reverb, and contour.  For me, I like my contour high, reverb and chorus at about level 1. 

For your channel gain, depending on the room size, try to keep this slightly above the middle power range.  More fine tuning may be needed here at both your guitar and amp.  So, give it a try and hope this works for you.

Sedeniussen wrote:

I like my amp very much too, but im no expert in these settings. especally the vocal part. Well i be very happy for suggestions smile