1 (edited by boxer 2008-01-17 20:02:14)

Topic: easy classical pieces

Hello.
I wonder if anyone knows of any easy classical tabs to get me going.
Have just learnt Country Dance by Ferdinando Carulli, a lovely, easy piece. Quite suprised myself, as have always found tabs hard to decipher.
Anyway any suggestions would be appreciated. I don't really know what I am looking for.
Thanx.

aka ......   Boxer Petal....<3

Re: easy classical pieces

Hi les
A reasonably easy Classical piece is "Greensleeves" it's based on the chord progression Am G Am E7    Am C G Am E7
It's tabbed here http://www.chordie.com/chord.pere/www.u … ;id=126985
first song I learned and still play today its like comfort music.

All the best Ark

Thank you Ark, will try that now.

aka ......   Boxer Petal....<3

boxer wrote:

Hello.
I wonder if anyone knows of any easy classical tabs to get me going.
Have just learnt Country Dance by Ferdinando Carulli, a lovely, easy piece. Quite suprised myself, as have always found tabs hard to decipher.
Anyway any suggestions would be appreciated. I don't really know what I am looking for.
Thanx.

Pachabel's Canon in D; here are the chords- D A Bm F#m G D G A
There you have it. That's pretty much the whole song. Now practice your chops in D major and B minor. You'll find that almost any note in these modes will fit and sound quite nice. After you get comfortable with the progression of the chords and scales then you'll be able to pick out the melody notes and make it sound and feel a bit more recognizable to the average listener.................. I play this song often transitioning from a previous song in the same key. It almost always goes over great!

Give everything but up.