Topic: Guilty Pleasures

Hi All

we've had the what's your favourite band/song so what's the song you really love but everyone takes the mickey out of?

Ice Ice Baby, Vanilla Ice
Telephone Man, Mary Wilson
Gaudete, Steeleye Span

I'm the son of rage and love

Re: Guilty Pleasures

Love playing "It's All About You" by McFly.

Ssssshhhhhhh

Is anything really made up of zeros and ones??

Cant get enough of poison's "every rose has its thorn".

"GUILTY" M'LUD.   Sad but true.

see you out the back. big_smile

Oh,
while i'm here, thanks for the welcomes yesterday.
nice to be here.

see you out the back. big_smile

Those aren't guilty pleasures - those are classics... Oh god, is this live?

lol lol lol

cool

Yep, everyones got guilty pleasures. Mines are Boney M and Girls Aloud!! 

Too say I cop plenty of flack for it is a bit of an understatement, but I dont care cos I like 'em, and thats all that matters. smile

Craig.

Blind acceptance is a sign, of stupid fools who stand in line.  John Lydon.

'Mod' is a shorter word for 'young, beautiful and stupid' - we've all been there." - Pete Townshend.

Also can't get enough of "About you now" by the Sugababes. Good strumming rythm.

Is anything really made up of zeros and ones??

oh dear, some really awful songs you guys are mentioning lol
why would anyone admit to the likes of some of these? I would never admit to any of them as I hate them all lol

But my song that I love that people hate is played at every scotland football game, Sang by B.A Robinson. It was the Scotland world cup song for 1982 " WE HAVE A DREAM"
it really is a bad song as songs go but it is funny, and done wit hgreat style and is great to sing while intoxicated at a scotland game. lol

and how about " I wish I could fly" by Keith and ORvill the duck? such a sad song.

and I used to love Clive Dunn's " grandad" when i was a kid.

oh yeah, lol they are all coming out now.

and dare I say this even though I depsise the band and what they are all about. And also that I have made it clear I really really object to manufactured boy and gorl bands but..... Boyzone done a really good cover of a few songs like "Father to son" and "you say it best" just glad they did not write them but I can listen to them singing them

sorry

lol

Oh how I wish no one asked this.

Ken

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

I get great stick over singing these songs!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XpA0oPR_EOQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjcAUFAGVCs

This one i sing in memory of my beautiful "Galway born Great grand Mother".

Usually with to much wine taken, loads of twirls and hoosha's as we do here!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Nt_TirDyKU

Why Blend in with the Crowd ? When you were made to stand out !

" Sing if youre glad to be gay"  by Tom Robinson - excellent song - but I used to have to listen secretly - because as it happens I'm not.

not glad to be gay ?

no, not gay.

I get alot of lip from my friends when I play anything by Bread. They seem to hate "Baby I'm a want You" most so I play it the most often...lol.

[b][color=#FF0000]If your brain is part of the process, you're missing it. You should play like a drowning man, struggling to reach shore. If you can trap that feeling, then you have something.
[/color][/b]         [b]Peace of mind. That's my piece of mind...[/b]

jewish princess zappa joe's garage zappa

"Growing old is not for sissies"

STOP!!!!!!!

Hammer time

big_smile

All I got, is a red guitar, three chords and the truth

bud_wiser wrote:

STOP!!!!!!!

Hammer time

big_smile

lol lol lol

I LOVE Journey's "Don't Stop Believing".

"You have to get over the love of power, and enjoy the power of love, in order to know peace."
-Jimi Hendrix.

Guitarpix wrote:

I get alot of lip from my friends when I play anything by Bread. They seem to hate "Baby I'm a want You" most so I play it the most often...lol.

I love to play Bread...Don't you listen to them. Of course I nearly got my ass kicked for an acoustic version of Wildfire by Micheal Martin Murphy during a camping trip (I think that's his name)

I used to be disgusted; now I try to be amused.
Elvis Costello

geoaguiar wrote:
Guitarpix wrote:

I love to play Bread...Don't you listen to them. Of course I nearly got my ass kicked for an acoustic version of Wildfire by Micheal Martin Murphy during a camping trip (I think that's his name)

No worries... I always play what I want...lol I play because I enjoy it and by golly I play what ever I like smile When they start paying admission I'll rearrange my set lists...lol  The first time I played it they all stopped, listened and said wow that was great what was that? Only when I told them who it was did they start ragging me. I'll convert them before they convert me though...lol Peace!

[b][color=#FF0000]If your brain is part of the process, you're missing it. You should play like a drowning man, struggling to reach shore. If you can trap that feeling, then you have something.
[/color][/b]         [b]Peace of mind. That's my piece of mind...[/b]

"I Got You Babe" by Sonny and Cher . . .
Actually, it is a great campfire song because everybody knows the chorus and they can chime in and scare the wildlife for miles around.
http://www.chordie.com/chord.pere/hem.p … be_pro.txt

"That darn Pythagorean Comma thing keeps messing me up!"
[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pythagorean_comma[/url]

I play outer limits,or duelling bangos when a couple of my friends walk through my door.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Muskrat Love, the America version.
Otherwise I only like really, really cool songs.  Of course, it's possible I'm biased.

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

geoaguiar wrote:

Of course I nearly got my ass kicked for an acoustic version of Wildfire by Micheal Martin Murphy during a camping trip (I think that's his name)

I would've been fightin' on your your side that night at the campfire. "Wildfire" by Michael Martin Murphy was one of my favourite songs as a child growin' up in the mountains of Virginia. I knew first hand how much a horse meant to a man/woman. I still play this gem of song once in a while to this day.

Give everything but up.

SouthPaw41L wrote:
geoaguiar wrote:

Of course I nearly got my ass kicked for an acoustic version of Wildfire by Micheal Martin Murphy during a camping trip (I think that's his name)

I would've been fightin' on your your side that night at the campfire. "Wildfire" by Michael Martin Murphy was one of my favourite songs as a child growin' up in the mountains of Virginia. I knew first hand how much a horse meant to a man/woman. I still play this gem of song once in a while to this day.

Thanks...One of my all time favorite songs as well. Those of us who are "a little older" (notice a didn't say "old") remember that song on top 40 radio. It's a great acoustic campfire song. I appreciate the validation. I was playing my inexpensive Yamaha 6 string so if push came to shove I had my weapon!!!

Elvis Costello

Zurf wrote:

Otherwise I only like really, really cool songs.  Of course, it's possible I'm biased.

- Zurf

Zurf,
Please tell me you prefer the America version vs. The Capt and Tenille remake!!!!!!! I admire your courage admitting you like that. It is indeed the guiltiest of pleasures.

Elvis Costello

geoaguiar wrote:
Zurf wrote:

- Zurf

Zurf,
Please tell me you prefer the America version vs. The Capt and Tenille remake!!!!!!! I admire your courage admitting you like that. It is indeed the guiltiest of pleasures.

I already did tell you.  I do not care for the Captain and Tenille cover.  I do like the Captain's hat, though I can do without his spiffy jacket. 

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

the one that goes why do birds suddenly appear ,everytime you are near, its so corny but i love it often find myself singing along and thinking about my #1 lady.

Don't Cry because it is over...

smile because it happened.    Gabriel García Marquez