Topic: Finally pulled the trigger.

Just ordered my Michael Kelly Patriot Decree today (black vapor model). Their new this year and the winter NAMM show is going on in Anaheim Cal right now so I have to wait a week.  I wanted a LP style guitar without the LP price ($399.44 american). Michael Kelly is a real quality line of guitars. I am going to change out the MK PAF's for either a set of Rockfield SWC's or a set of Rio Grande BBQ buckers. Then I use the MK PAF's in my current SG project. You really have to go to the Michael Kelly website and check out their stuff and play one if you have a chance. I was buying a Patriot Custom, then I saw the Patriot Premium, loved the quilted maple top but they quoted me the wrong price and would not honor it. If I bought the Premium I was going to change out the EMG Zakk Wylde pickup set anyway so I bought the Patriot Decree.  Now Bootlegger is a happy man.

Bootlegger.

Re: Finally pulled the trigger.

Congrats! smile

"You have to get over the love of power, and enjoy the power of love, in order to know peace."
-Jimi Hendrix.

update.

I was notified by the music store I bought my Michael Kelly patriot decree call me after receiving a call from MK Guitars. The Decree has not began production yet, they made one for the namm show and will begin shipping torwards the end of March. So I am getting one of the first one's off the production line.

Bootlegger.

Boot, in Europe there is also a NAMM in Frankfurt GERMANY. Can you enter there as "private person"? About the humbuckers you mentioned, never heard of them.
By the way what is that SG project?
Do you still built guitars? I would love to learn it, but due to my physical condition it's impossible.
I do hope to come back to the USA in 2009, and it would be so nice to visit some of you there.
Do you use equipment to analyse the sound of a guitar? And what kind of wood YOU suggest to make a guitar?

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

Phil m friend,

Namm is usually attended by music store owners and there employees. My sg project is a bolt on neck sg guitar that I am building. Rockfield pickups are a sister company of Michael Kelly Guitars, go to their website (www.michaelkelyguitars.com) check out the valor series guitar and listen to the soundbite of Ademption playing My Everything and you'll hear the Rockfield SWC pickups. I still build guitars but I have to stop now and then because I become obsessed all my awake hours I will just work on guitars from morning to night and no stopping. So I walk away from them for months at a time because I love to build them so much.

Bootlegger.