Topic: Does anyone here have a Fender Bassman Amp?

I would like to get a personal review of this amp because my boss said that he would give me his vintage one that he hasn't used in like 15 years. It has been sitting in storage and he offered it. I accepted not really knowing what this amp is really about...

Thanks in advance,
Dm

"Talent instantly recognizes genius,
but mediocrity knows nothing more than itself."

-Sir Arthur Conan-Doyle

Re: Does anyone here have a Fender Bassman Amp?

Detman101 wrote:

I would like to get a personal review of this amp because my boss said that he would give me his vintage one that he hasn't used in like 15 years. It has been sitting in storage and he offered it. I accepted not really knowing what this amp is really about...

Thanks in advance,
Dm

Take it dude!even offer to pay him for it. Fender bassman amps are great tube amps. I have a Deville because I can't swing a Bassman. If you don't take it P.M. me and let me know what he wants for it.

Bootlegger.

P.S. I still owe you praise songs with chords, have not fogotten.

Take him up on the Bassman offer!

The Bassman was one of the first Fender amp designs and has gone through many transformations. I guess your boss is talking about the Bassman 4x10 combo? Well, I have a 2007 Fender 59 Bassman LTD Reissue amp. It's got tubes throughout and four 10" speakers. It's my absolute dream amp, but then I play mostly Blues/Classic Rock. The amp is simple but absolute tops in the tone department. Since there are no effects whatsoever, I use a Fulltone Anniversary Overdrive pedal and a Holy Grail reverb in front of the amp. It loves pedals: no hum, nothing but gorgeous tone. Take a look at the amp that your boss offered, and then research the web for description, prices, etc. My 2007 amp cost $1200 new. Go get one!!

Wow, thank you both for the great responses.
Well, he said that he would give it to me but I don't know if it will be anytime soon.
I'm actually a bit sad that he hasn't passed it to me yet. I feel like I got excited over something that may or may-not happen.

I dunno, I just get the feeling that he was talking out of his pride and I guess just showing off.
He hasn't said anything else about it since he first mentioned it and I feel weird asking him about it...ya know?

Ah well, I guess i'll just save up for that line-6 I had my eye on and if he gives me the Bassman, so be it.... *sigh*

=\
Dm

"Talent instantly recognizes genius,
but mediocrity knows nothing more than itself."

-Sir Arthur Conan-Doyle