Topic: Daisy Daisy

As in 'daisy daisy give me your answer do'. Looking for this song to sing in old folks homes in chords please. Any help would be much appriciated.

Bo.

Insanity is just a natural adaption to an insane world.

2 (edited by Russell_Harding 2008-02-01 15:38:17)

Re: Daisy Daisy

the chords in the key of g 3/4 time g///|///|///|///|c///|///|g///|///|d///|///|g///|///|a///|///|d///|///|d7///|///|g///|///|a7///|///|         d7///|///|g///|d///|g///|d///|g///|d///|g///|strum g and hold for 3 beats all down strums alternate picking between low and middle strings take your pick which one just go back to the top as many times as you wish

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Ahhh Thanks for that!

Bo Diddly!

Daisy Daisy, reminded me of many years ago our group was asked to entertain at a old Folks holiday retreat home.. One of our group worked for  The famous Guinness Brewery at that time.

He decided  in his wisdom to bring some crates of "The Black Stuff" for them..

Well the Guinnes was flowing, The music was going and so were the Old Folks.

I remember thinking i want to be as lively as them at there age.

Phone calls the next day asking " In the name of God what did yis do to them ?
Some of the old dears slept for 2 days solid. A combimation of meds -booze
and dancing. As far as i know none of them died!! Well Bo if they did they died happy, thats for sure.:lol:

Thanks for the memory!

Old Doll.

Why Blend in with the Crowd ? When you were made to stand out !

Unfortunately my memory of "Daisy Bell" (the correct title for this song) is not as happy as Old Doll's.

35 years ago I was in a village 'Old Time Music Hall' production and I opened the performance with this song (and still have the sheet music for in fact). I thoroughly enjoyed the performances and the unhappy bit? Well the young lady I was chatting up was married but she fixed me a date with her friend. To cut a long story short we got married and had three happy years together followed by twelve awful ones. lol

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

That was a lovely story old doll! Don't think I'll be taking any guiness along to my gig though, I don't charge for old folks homes, and it'd cost me a fortune! I know how much some of these old folk can drink. lol

Roger, not sure what to say to that! lol. Just try and concentrate your memories on the 3 happy ones.