Topic: ORIGINE OF BAND NAMES

How does a band choose their name?
- AC/DC = "alternating current / direct current". The band used it not realizing it was also slang for a bisexual
- BAD COMPANY - A 1972 modern cowboy movie starring Jeff Bridges.
- BADFINGER, I believe was "the middle finger up"

This hand closed, with the middlefinger up isn't it a WORLD WIDE SYMBOL? And when or where is this "stupid" finger coming from?

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

Re: ORIGINE OF BAND NAMES

The hand closed with the middle finger raised was a suggestion that the recipient would enjoy being stimulated by said digit, homosexuality being an insult in most cultures.  Quite unpleasant for both people if you ask me!  lol

Professor Bonedaddy

cool

I'm the son of rage and love

legend says when Buddy Holly was looking for a band name, he rejected the Beetles, because he didn't like the pun.
later the Beatles picked their name because they wanted an Insect name like Buddy Holly' Crickets.

Can't remember who, but some posh bird, when asked about some long haired band's music replied "that's awful, they'll go down like a Lead Zeppelin"

Guess who she was talking about!

cool

bonedaddy wrote:

Can't remember who, but some posh bird, when asked about some long haired band's music replied "that's awful, they'll go down like a Lead Zeppelin"

Guess who she was talking about!

cool

ZZ Top?

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Steely Dan. They took their name from a......shall we say 'object' from the William Burroughs novel Naked Lunch.

Craig.

Blind acceptance is a sign, of stupid fools who stand in line.  John Lydon.

'Mod' is a shorter word for 'young, beautiful and stupid' - we've all been there." - Pete Townshend.

10cc, the average male ejacul8!

cool