1 (edited by Oldnewbie 2008-02-07 01:17:58)

Topic: Tennessee folks

I meant to post this this morning...

I hope Tennessee Strat, and others from that area are okay.

Let us know how you fared through the tornadoes. I'll send good thoughts your direction, and hope all are out of harm's way.

(misspelled "Tennessee". sorry about that. too many double letters!)

Just play

Re: Tennessee folks

Jeez!

Just learned about this. Makes the storms we've been getting in Scotland look like nothing. Positive thoughts and prayers to everyone caught up in it.

Is anything really made up of zeros and ones??

Thanks everyone for the thoughts, and for keeping up with the news.
The string of bad weather has passed, but it left many people dead and more injured.

The tornadoes have hit hard in the western part of Tennesse, but our mountainous eastern sections of the state just got strong winds, baseball size hail and a ton of rain. The state of Tennessee looks like a thin sliver, compared to other states, but it also spans two time zones (500 miles) from East to West.

We are lucky to live in the mountains, where tornadoes quickly fizzle out, but in the relatively flat western part of Tennessee, they travel for hundreds of miles. I am really touched by your concern and this shows me once again that we are sort of a global community here on this forum! Thank you all so much for your compassion!

Glad to hear you are ok TStrat. It's amazing how those mountains protect us - I live on just the other side, we've got just a bit of wind, and only a sprinkle of rain. I saw some photos of the storms earlier (the carnage left from the storms really) - scary stuff.

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

Tennessee Strat!

I went to Cnn to see and hear!. Oh holy God. I was so caught up in your elections
i never heard untill i came to the forum.
I am glad your ok. I had visions of you  been thrown around like snuff at a wake but still hanging on to your  lovely BLT.

So glad you and yours are safe.

Dia linn to all.

Old Doll.

Why Blend in with the Crowd ? When you were made to stand out !

Hi Old Doll and all,

tornadoes are extremely powerful, we all know that, but don't worry about me being tossed around. I weigh too much. I find it amazing that you are intersted in our elections, but then, I can understand: We behave like we own the whole globe and have to set things straight in remote corners of the world. In the meantime, our own backyard is in shambles. (Politically).

Now, since I am not a US citizen (only a "legal resident alien), I can't vote, but last night I heard Barak Obama use ideas from Martin Luther King and Ghandi in his speech. One thing stood out: "The people who we've been waiting for, to change America... is us."  That's a Ghandi idea, and I'm happy to see a presidential candidate use that wisdom in a political speech.

By the way: My family keeps up with your home Ireland as well, and we have seen some good movies, illustrating Irish history. And I have traveled (hitch-hiked) through Ireland 30 years ago. I was one of those Germans wearing a yellow windbreaker...

Play on!

7 (edited by Old Doll 2008-02-07 00:18:49)

Well This may surprise you but!

I have read everthing i think ever written about Hillary Clinton.  I have great admiration for her.
I always feel she should have a softer look to her hair and clothes wise..

Her team keeps her to serious looking. Anyway thats a womans thing.

Ive been thinking "Barak Obama" is a fine young man But what experience has he got ? Yes! he uses a lot of "The Great Martin Luther Speak", and some of Mya Angelou. whom i love.  But Mr King lived his words . experienced it first hand.
So he had the right to own them.
I Feel Barak is looking for the young vote.   There are lots of middle aged woman i feel in America who will vote Hillary.. I do feel  personally having read all about her life, she would make a good Leader. She also won Mass yesterday, which must have been some kick in the kissers for the Kennedys!!

We have had Mary Robinison, also now Mary Mcaleese    "2  Brilliant  Irish Woman.
Hillary Clinton is strong and a fighter. She so loves her America.  I honestly feel she would make a great President.

But the money thats spent on American Elections is obscene.

Now! You and your yellow windbreaker!! Sure didnt i nearly run you up the  ditch lol   What is it with our tourist and there breakers??  Oh the Rain!
Sure how could i forget that one. lol

Old Doll.

Strat,

Glad to know you are safe.

We just got a little rain, but you guys were hammered.

Gotta love the Blue Ridge.

(I guess they are the Smokys in your neck of the woods though, huh?)

Just play

Hi folks, yes, we got the gorgeous Smoky Mountains and the Blue Ridge only 15 minutes away. I can see them from the living-room window. Makes a great backdrop for a musical "picking party" on the porch.  Although there are lots of picturesque, secluded spots in these here mountains, I have the privilege of talking to you on the net  -high speed! Glory be.

Old Doll, I felt right at home in Ireland: you must be the sweetest, most honest and independent people in Western Europe. With St.Patricks Day coming up, I salute you! Siince my daughter's name is Faye Erin: Erin Go Bragh!

I can see how you adore Hillary. She would make a great president, especially since she has worked hard to reform our health system when her husband was in the White House, only to be shot down by political lobbyists. Just about anyone could do better than the puppet (and the puppet masters behind him) currently in the White House. The world deserves an American president who's actually elected and represents the people and not petroleum. So, in my opinion, wether Hillary or Barak Obama gets elected, our country will go through positive changes. Hillary has softened with experience, wheras Obama is quick, edgy and has not been discouraged by the political machine. He's got a youthful disrespect for the "establishment". I believe this time, young people will make a huge difference voting for someone who speaks their language. I am not afraid of a radical change in American politics -as long as everything is based on democracy. Wow-enough said. Back to the kitchen: I put a bag full of cheese-filled Jalapenos in the oven. Together with an ice-cold coke, that's all for dinner tonight.

Weather has improved, gotta go in the basement to play with my girl friends (guitars).

I am having a hard time keeping my mouth shut here, but my Mama always said, if you can't say anything nice....(I just deleted a long rant and typed that instead) smile

topdown wrote:

I am having a hard time keeping my mouth shut here, but my Mama always said, if you can't say anything nice....(I just deleted a long rant and typed that instead) smile

I'm with you Topdown... I have been trying to keep politics away from my guitar place!

smile

Just play

This is my first message here and I'm at a loss for words [^__^]

I am sorry to have offended anyone here, but please keep in mind that this topic is located in the Chat Corner. And I did finish my post with a musical reference.

Play on!

guitar-slinger1 wrote:

This is my first message here and I'm at a loss for words [^__^]

That's actually pretty funny slinger - first post and nothing to say! big_smile

Welcome to Chodie and speak up would ya? LOL

No offense here, Strat!

How boring would life be if we all agreed on everything all the time!

Hey, there, guitar slinger. Hope you find as much fun here as I have!

Just play

Guitar-slinger 1

Stick around, This is Chats post your in. The Forum is full of Goodies pertaining to Music.

Topdown! My Mam always taught us to say what we feel . If  we have an opinion on something say it. This doesn't mean were always right, But it does make for better discussion. It allows us she said " To hear anothers view on the same subject.!

As i am one of 11 Kids, We always had great debates and discussions about everything around my Mams kitchen table.
We still discuss when we all get together, Its now even
more exciting as all our kids now join in. Wonderful to hear our youngfolk
expressing there views also.

Tennessee! Why feel the need to apologise? you are as much entitled to your opinion as any one else here.
I normally do not get into politics. God knows with our own recent history
Its away from it i like to keep. But hey!  it is just one of the  "News Topics at the moment. But the out come will have global affects.

Ps. As for your jalapenos, The first time i ate them which is only some years ago, they cleared my sinus for about 6 months. lol

Old Doll.

Tennessee Strat wrote:

I am sorry to have offended anyone here, but please keep in mind that this topic is located in the Chat Corner. And I did finish my post with a musical reference.

Play on!

Hi, and echoing all those other posts.
Glad to see those gusts of winds didnt distrupt your computer or guitar playing.

And i see no need for you to appologise, although I see topdown had typed something and then edited it, this is what must have made you say this?
anyway, he has edited it now,
but. lol politics?????  joking, say what ye like as long as there are no arguments.
If I was to disagree witheverything I read I would be constantly moaning about politics, scottish history, football ( as in the real football and not yer american padded up softy softy game) and last but not least religion. If I had my way I would ban everyone that thought differently from me, but then wheres the fun in that? lol

I am thinking my dad might have been passing thru Tennessee sometimes through this week.
I tihnk i will go send him an email

ken

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

upyerkilt -
I agree that American Football is heavily padded. This game started out as a tough sport but over the years has become extremely entertaining. Especially the half-time events: Performers rip their clothes off in front of millions of TV viewers, and this year we had Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers give a killer performance. I still don't exactly understand the rules of the game itself, but I like it.  My question to you: Do Scottish football players play in kilts?

Play on!

lol
no they dont but I tihn kthey should, if anything it would make scottish football more entertaining to watch lol

and american football in my opinion might be a bad game but ye canny get away from it, it is a great day out. I went to see the scottish claymores in edinburgh a few years ago and I loved the entertainment but it is nothing like it is over there.

now, how about american football players in kilts wearing high heels?
lol

that would be entertaining

Ken

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

20 (edited by alvee33 2008-02-08 19:05:29)

That "entertainment" wouldn't happen to be the cheerleaders would it? Worth a day out just for that.

Is anything really made up of zeros and ones??

Of course, the cheerleaders are important. Even Highschool teams have them. And the flag wavers, and, and...

Football players in kilts and high heels would give a whole new meaning to "passing the ball" and "touchdown". I want my quarter back! It all makes sense now!

Play on.