Re: WHAT WAS THE VERY FIRST ALBUM YOU BOUGHT OR RECEIVED

Powerslave by Iron Maiden

27 (edited by Ranger1964 2008-02-05 22:52:20)

drantle wrote:

My first album purchase was

Bruce the boss Springstein--Greetings from Asbury Park New Jersey
Wow , Were does the time go?????????????????

Born to Run  Brother (I was 12 in 1976 when I bought it) !  Latest album purchase?... Magic.  Coincidence?  I think not! smile

Yee Haw

Some great, and some obscure, tunes mentioned here. What a great diverse world in which we live!

My first single was a .45 called "Louisana Woman" by Jim Ed Brown (not to be confused with "Louisana Woman, Mississippi Man" by Conway and Loretta). (I still know the words, but can't quite get the chords). I think "Louisana Woman" might have been the "B" side?

The first album I bought with my own money (and the first one I remember) was Kiss "Rock and Roll Over" on 8-track.

I also still have an old "Buffalo Springfield" album that I don't remember buying, but have had since I can remember.

Just play

My dad joined a record club and let me pick some of the albums.  Chicago Transit Authority( 1st one), Blood, Sweat and Tears(1st one that sold, actually their second album), Spiral Staircase-"More Today Than Yesterday"(one hit wonder), Iron Butterfly-"In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida", Jimi Hendrix - "Smash Hits", Steppenwolf - "At Your Birthday Party" and Sly and the Family Stone - "Stand".  The first 45 I bought was "Green Tambourine" by the 1910 Fruitgum Co.

Sometimes you have to burn a few bridges
to keep the crazies from following you.

I don't know the first album, but the first record I received was "Blueberry Hill" by Fats Domino. Christmas gift, along with a phono player from Mom and Dad. Think it was 1955

my first album was (meet the beatles) that got me in to music. ( i was 9)

here's to us and those like us,damn few of us left.

The First Album I bought? T'would be Appetite for Destruction by Guns N Roses, an old tape I found in a pawn shop.
The First album ever given to me was: Are You Experienced by The Jimi Hendrix Experience. My mom bought it for me when I was in the hospital with heart problems...

clansman1973 wrote:

Powerslave by Iron Maiden

Sweet pick-up Clansman ... that album launced me into my maiden addiction!

My first album purchase was given to me by my sister, Kiss - Destroyer ... needless to say, I was hooked on Kiss ever since that album ... although the post-makeup albums weren't the same

Electric:  Gibson Les Paul Studio, Schecter Omen 6, PRS SE Custom
Acoustic:  Fender Talman, Yamaha
Amp:  Fender Super Champ XD/Line6 Spider III 75

Siege of Troy wrote:

The First Album I bought? T'would be Appetite for Destruction by Guns N Roses, an old tape I found in a pawn shop.
The First album ever given to me was: Are You Experienced by The Jimi Hendrix Experience. My mom bought it for me when I was in the hospital with heart problems...

Thats a very good first album troy ... I remember my buddie played the tape and it was like getting kicked in the teeth ... they finally brought hard rock back to the mainstream

Tim0473 wrote:
Siege of Troy wrote:

Thats a very good first album troy ... I remember my buddie played the tape and it was like getting kicked in the teeth ... they finally brought hard rock back to the mainstream

I remember buying it for my mom, cause she lost her tape when we moved across the country, but as soon as I put it in the tape player, I decided to keep it for myself... She's the one that got me into Guns N Roses, so I bought her the CD version of the album about 2 weeks ago...

Also, I never thought about GNR like that, a kick in the teeth, I likey! :-))

lol yeah ... my buddie actually bought it before it hit the airwaves ... and I was like, GnR?  What the heck do they sing?  He started playing Welcome to the Jungle ... and I was like Holy **** dude  ... I actually thought they were going to be like LA Guns ... but man was I wrong

I've never got around to listening to the LA Guns, I need to do that sometime soon...

My First Album was given to me and it was "HOMER & JETHRO"  Never heard of them till then (Early 60's) But the first Album I brought, after saving all my money to buy a record player, was Englebert Humperdink - Please Release Me !
Still have them both.

"If You Always Do What You've Always Done - You'll Always Get What You've Always Got !"

My first CD was Metallica Master of Puppets, can't remember my first tape

You have to forget about what other people say; when you're supposed to die, when you're supposed to be lovin'. You have to forget about all these things. You have to go on and be crazy. Craziness is like heaven.
                                                        -James Marshall Hendrix

First one I bought was:

Elton John - Captain Fantastic and the Brown Dirty Cowboy.  I think that was his and Bernie Taupin's greatest.  And the artwork on the album was fabulous.  I used to just sit and look at it while I listened to the album.  I miss album cover artwork.  sad

That's All Non-Violence is
--- Organized Love---
        Joan Baez

I went in with my sister and bought Meet The Beatles back in 1963. We saved a buck by getting the mono version.

The first album I bought was the Beastie Boys' Licensed to Ill cd back in the 6th grade. lol

First tape owned: Led Zeppelin 4 (symbols). (Present from my Uncle) ~ 7 years old.
First tape bought: Led Zeppelin - Physical Grafitti. ~ 8 years old.
First LP owned: Pink Floyd - Wish you were here. (Present from my Uncle) 11 years old.
First LP bought: Ian Dury and The Blockheads - New Boots and Panties. 12 years old.

My Uncle is only 8 years older than me. He had a lot of influence on my early music tastes.

He started me early and guided me down a great path. I have a lot to be grateful for.

my 1st 5

Let it be-Beatles
Hot August Night= neil Diamond
Yellow Brick Road- Elton John
the 1st Eagles album -cant remember the titile
Dark side of the moon=pink floyd

Man that was hard on the brain cells to remember!

"War never determines who is right , only who is left"
"Democracy is the right to protest about  the lack of it!"

Steve Miller  (fly like an eagle)

First album I owned was Jim Croce- Life and Times

The first one I bought was Janis Ian- Between the Lines

"There's such a fine line between genius and stupidity."
                              --David St. Hubbins

Tim0473 wrote:

lol yeah ... my buddie actually bought it before it hit the airwaves ... and I was like, GnR?  What the heck do they sing?  He started playing Welcome to the Jungle ... and I was like Holy **** dude  ... I actually thought they were going to be like LA Guns ... but man was I wrong

if you listen to rocket queen by g'n'r and the nlisten to L.A guns song ... ??????? hmmm ,lol, cant remember the name but on their first album, you will hear the same riff. My guess is when Traci guns was in guns'n;roses before they made it big he probably made the riff up and then took it for another song with LA guns.

Ken

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

I never really delved deep into LA Guns ... forgot that Traci used to be with them beforehand ... there was only a few songs by the Guns I liked

mine was blink 182s budda album. its my fav album now.... mainly cus i didnt get any others for 3 years lol

50 (edited by rocking razhy 2008-02-29 01:32:39)

it's sad but my first one was hillary duff whom i now hate

you can love me
you can hate me
but NEVER forget me