Topic: Fret 2 fret

Hello all fellow guitar players.
I have a question regarding the aparent quick way or cheats way to learn all the notes on  the fret board.
Is it a method worth buying,or would I be wasting my
money if I decided to buy it.
The reason I ask is because I sent an enquiry to the
website payment@fret2fret.com and got back a failure
notice from my e-mail provider.
Does any one have the download and if so is it a system
that really works.
Thanks in advance
Markx

Re: Fret 2 fret

There is no short cut to memorizing the fretboard or anything else.  You just have to practice and work at it.  Otherwise, we'd all be proud owners of the Esteban guitar method and playing professionally. smile

"There's such a fine line between genius and stupidity."
                              --David St. Hubbins

you  just have to stick with it and practice all the time.you will fell better about yourself know that you did it on your own. and to dguyton,my wife got me one of those Esteban guitars for valentines day last year,it is a, a/e . (she dosn't know anything about guitars except that it looks preety),it's the black one. any way i play it once in a while,and i was suprised that it sounded pretty good.well it keeps her happy.lol talk to you later. patrick

here's to us and those like us,damn few of us left.

you can make your own chart by starting with the 6th string open and chromatically progress in half steps (frets) and chart each note all the way to the 12th fret after that it starts over remember to include the inharmonic equivalants ( f$ gb ) ect.. proceed to the 5th string and do the same them 4th 3rd 2nd 1st(its the same as the 6th) then on paper witha a ruler draw 6 verticle lines to represent the strings then draw 12 horizontal lines to represent the frets and create your fretboard adding the notes for each fret and there inharmonic equivalents

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Thanks Russell
For the info and advice
Regards Mark

your very welcome markx i wish you happy pickin

"Growing old is not for sissies"

markx wrote:

Hello all fellow guitar players.
I have a question regarding the aparent quick way or cheats way to learn all the notes on  the fret board.
Is it a method worth buying,or would I be wasting my
money if I decided to buy it.
The reason I ask is because I sent an enquiry to the
website payment@fret2fret.com and got back a failure
notice from my e-mail provider.
Does any one have the download and if so is it a system
that really works.
Thanks in advance
Markx

Bought it, tried it, sent it back. After threatening with the small claims court got my money back.
Even with this system you still have to remember every note on the 5th and 6th string then use this weird word association formula.

There's no quick solution. Learning how to play the guitar is something to which you have to devote time and patience.

I'm sorry to say that fret2fret is a fraud.  I learned the hard way.  Did not get my money back.  I'm letting it be a constant reminder that if it sounds too good to be true.................................There are no short cuts!

Learn the notes on the 6th string and then learn the circle of 4ths/5ths and their relationship (location) to the root note.  Then if you understand the B string tuning you can easily memorize the notes on the fretboard if you want to.   That's nice to know, but it will not help your mechanics and execution. 

Learn a little music theory and practice, practice, practice.

Please talk slowly I don't hear good any more.

Hey ! Hey ! Practice till you die ! Hey ! Hey !  To be freting like an god !

10 (edited by aj1 2008-02-20 09:50:45)

livebaitman wrote:

I'm sorry to say that fret2fret is a fraud.  I learned the hard way.  Did not get my money back.  I'm letting it be a constant reminder that if it sounds too good to be true.................................There are no short cuts!

Learn the notes on the 6th string and then learn the circle of 4ths/5ths and their relationship (location) to the root note.  Then if you understand the B string tuning you can easily memorize the notes on the fretboard if you want to.   That's nice to know, but it will not help your mechanics and execution. 

Learn a little music theory and practice, practice, practice.

Demand your money back.
This worked for me:-

Mr Slaiter,

As you have not replied to my emails nor refunded my payment under your 100% full satisfaction money back guarantee you leave me no alternative to taking legal action.

Please reply to this email within seven days or I will be forced to take the following action:

Report you to the Trading Standards Office

Apply to the Small Claims Court for a full refund + costs

Please note that even for such a small amount I am willing to take this to court.

THIS IS MY FINAL EMAIL REQUESTING A FULL REFUND.

IF I DO NOT RECEIVE A REPLY WITHIN SEVEN DAYS I WILL COMMENCE PROCEEDINGS AGAINST YOU WITHOUT FURTHER COMMUNICATION.

Regards,

REPLY FROM FRET2FRET THE FOLLOWING DAY

Hi, I will process your refund now for you. I had no idea all your emails were in the spam bin!
Regards
Mike

Thanks aj1.  Glad that worked for you.  It's been over a year now and I couldn't do it with a clear conscience.  Besides, I'm one of those guys who likes to beat himself up over stupid mistakes.  Gotta work on that.

Please talk slowly I don't hear good any more.

Thank to all you guys
You have saved me from getting stung.
& also made me more determend to hone
what skills I do have on the guitar
Regards Markx