1 (edited by SuperMatt 2008-02-13 00:34:01)

Topic: Check out this SWEET stringed gift I got yesterday!

While chatting a few months back, I told my UPS driver (who is awesome, BTW) that I wanted to get a ukulele. She said she'd talk to the music shop on her route about ordering one. I figured she could get me a pretty sweet discount...but to my surprise, she walked in yesterday with this beauty!

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c270/ … G00076.jpg

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c270/ … G00077.jpg

I friggin love it! It's still a little awkward to hold, but most of the chords are simple and easy to play. It's such a different sound than my guitar and not all songs translate that well to it, but with the translation capabilities of chordie, I've already learned three or fours songs on it.

Anyway, just thought I'd share with you guys. I know you'd appreciate how awesome it was to get surprised with a gift like this!

Re: Check out this SWEET stringed gift I got yesterday!

That's one helluva UPS driver! Marry her!

Is anything really made up of zeros and ones??

Cool!

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Great! But how do people play an ukulele? are there special chords? Also a question about the BIG MEXICAN GUITARS? Wood, style of playing. They look very funny sometimes, watching a little Mexican playing it. You can see the top of his SOMBRERO and his SHOES.

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

Nice!  I firmly believe that everyone should have at least one ukulele, banjo, mandolin and guitar!!  Keeps you humble!!

Old age and treachery...

that's pretty sweet. take a look at thie web site. www.sheep-entertainment.nl     it helps me out alot.i just started playing my ukulele,afew weeks back,they are alot of fun.

here's to us and those like us,damn few of us left.

alvee33 wrote:

That's one helluva UPS driver! Marry her!

She plays for the other team....lol.

She always tells me that if she didn't (and was younger) that she'd marry me, though.

What can brown do for YOU?!