Topic: ABOUT SONGWRITING, CONTRACTS WRITERS & WHO GETS WHAT

First of all, I know that some bands or performers get a lot of money to sign a contract.
- Some amounts of $$ are so high, and the musicians or performers have to deliver a certain amount of albums.
- My opinion is that because of that contract you start more and more writing songs.
- A band is as good as his latest album. Some bands even get money to leave their record company, like the sexpistols.
- If you have a serious contract, WILL THE ESSENCE OF YOUR SONGS stay? You come from a free band to an-in-jail-band, because of the MUST DELIVER X ALBUMS.
If you have a contract as band, what about the partitioning of money? NOT SPEAKING ABOUT TOURS.
EXAMPLE A BAND, just signed a contract: WHO GETS WHAT, starting with:
- % received, and going in the artists pocket, and about MELODY, LYRICS, PERFORMERS.
WHAT IS on 100.000$ the money you get as artist/band (, or the% you get.)
- RECORD COMPANY = ?? $$$
- MELODY= ?? $$$
- LYRICS = ?? $$$
- ARRANGEMENTS, PRODUCER = ?? $$$
- MANAGER= ?? $$$
This topic is easy and difficult and probably a lot more different for the real big bands. The
royalty, which itself has a very complex formula by which it is calculated
IN FACT THE PURPOSE OF THIS TOPIC IS TO KNOW MORE ABOUT "ROYALTIES" ALSO, IT CAN BE USEFUL TO KNOW WHAT YOUR SHARE WOULD BE
-

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

Re: ABOUT SONGWRITING, CONTRACTS WRITERS & WHO GETS WHAT

if you have arrived at the point where contracts are required all the percentages will be spelled out before you sign,most artists or bands have an attourny represent them who specializes in artists rights and royalities

"Growing old is not for sissies"