Topic: Guitar chords in Word format

Hi, Folks -
I'm new to this great website and have really enjoyed getting the lyrics and tabs printed out for my home songbook.  I like to work in Microsoft Word to arrange (or correct) the lyrics to my satisfaction.

Because I like to use different chord formations to get different sounds, it would be helpful if there was a way to cut and paste or develop my own chord structure in Word.  Does anyone know of a chord chart that is in Word that would allow me to do that?

Thanks for the help from a fellow picker!

Re: Guitar chords in Word format

Hey dh ... if you go to the resources section you'll see a full scale chord section ... if you click on them you'll get different variations ... not sure if this is what you mean ... but as far as tabbing your own, you need to make sure the font is in courier new ... so everything lines up ... hope this helps!

Electric:  Gibson Les Paul Studio, Schecter Omen 6, PRS SE Custom
Acoustic:  Fender Talman, Yamaha
Amp:  Fender Super Champ XD/Line6 Spider III 75

Thanks, Tim -
I was able to copy the chord chart and I've found that I can copy and paste cells onto a blank word document.  I'll have to see what happens when I try to add them in the header or to the side of the page of when I already have lyrics on the page.

I wish that all of the variations were listed with the basic chords so that I could have them right there to copy and paste.  Or, better yet, just a blank chord grid that I could c and p, and then fill in either with the word processor or manually with pen on the printed page.

I'm open to suggestions anyone may have regarding better (i.e. easier or simpler) way to do this.

Thanks again, Tim.

You might want to have a look at one of the Guitar composing software packages that are available. Guitar Pro is wonderful software that doesn't cost so much, and TuxGuitar is Free Software. Both lets you write tablatures and have the computer play it back, inserting of chords, etc.