Topic: Accoustic strings on electric

Any of you guys ever use accoustic bronze strings on an electric with humbuckers ?
   If so i'm interested to know how it affected tone .
I know this is very subjective,
but would like to hear any and all comments ...thanks...

" Just reading the lyrics , it's hard to hear the song , but if the words tug at the heartstrings......it's enough for now........... "

Re: Accoustic strings on electric

I was told that they are not compatible.  Because the acoustic uses bronze, while electric uses nickel.  Plus the set up is a bit different between the two.  There are also different wound type on electric (ie flat vs regular).

Hi kahuna ,
   Thanks for the reply .
   The bronze thing was my first thought also , but they still use steel core .  Are you thinking that because bronze isn't magnetic ? If so then why do these stainless steel strings work , since stainless isn't magnetic either .
   Also I have a Dean Markley
pro magntic pickup that slips into the sound hole on any accoustic , and that works fine with bronze .
   I may just have to try this and see what kind of tone I get . It'l still be fun.......

" Just reading the lyrics , it's hard to hear the song , but if the words tug at the heartstrings......it's enough for now........... "

G S E, I agree with cahuna, but I remember me, because I had no more strings left, thatI put electric guitar strings on my acoustic, and that worked out fine.

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

Thanks Doc ,
    I have also used electrics on accoustic and it worked fine ( I suppose because the bridge saddle still picks up the hertian waves ) .
   Just being me , I'm still going to have to try this , and will post if I learn something interesting ..........