Topic: concerts?

what was the first concert you ever went to? mine was a ted nugent. i hope to go to this years bonaroo to see metallica.:p
but they say it's a big hippie fest, but i don't care anything to see them.

Gnomes rock.

tongue:P:P:P:P

2 (edited by RavenLady 2008-03-01 17:33:37)

Re: concerts?

The Stampeders, in a wee small town in the maritimes, Sussex NB.  They came out from Calgary in the 70's and were playing Fair's across Canada.  I barely remember.  The one I actually spent money on to see was Trooper, later in the 70's.  Those were both in small venues.  The first Arena concert I ever saw was when I was 15 yrs old.
Rush - Hemispheres Tour
Max Webster AKA Kim Mitchell opened up.  It was way cool!  cool

That's All Non-Violence is
--- Organized Love---
        Joan Baez

3 (edited by riddler 2008-03-01 18:40:20)

gnomefry wrote:

what was the first concert you ever went to? mine was a ted nugent. i hope to go to this years bonaroo to see metallica.:p
but they say it's a big hippie fest, but i don't care anything to see them.

Gnomes rock.

Ive been to 2 bonnaroos and although it is a hippie fest,Its a great experience..Im going this year also and looking forward to it...Some of the nicest people you will meet are there...believe it or not...I only live about 4 miles from it..

Oh yeah...my first concert was Twisted Sister...lol...Dokken and Y&T opened for them...everyone said I had a really great time ..lol

1978 - Aerosmith's Draw The Line tour.

Wasn't a great show. They messed up the intro into Dream On twice and Steven Tyler got pissed  and tossed a monitor off the stage. They must have been peaking their drug use at about that time. I remember reading a quote from Tyler years later something like - We went from musicians dabbling in drugs to druggies dabbling in music. Glad they got their act together - I have seen them many times and they seem to get better with age.

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

topdown wrote:

1978 - Aerosmith's Draw The Line tour.

Wasn't a great show. They messed up the intro into Dream On twice and Steven Tyler got pissed  and tossed a monitor off the stage. They must have been peaking their drug use at about that time. I remember reading a quote from Tyler years later something like - We went from musicians dabbling in drugs to druggies dabbling in music. Glad they got their act together - I have seen them many times and they seem to get better with age.

I saw Aerosmith in 78 as well in Boston, MA. Same sort of experience. I was really looking forward to the show, our seats were awful but at least we were in the building. Joe Perry was so wasted I think they had him propped up. Very dissapointing (of course back i those days we probably needed propping as well!!!)

I used to be disgusted; now I try to be amused.
Elvis Costello

my aunt that lives in florida went to see them AND SHE DOES NOT EVEN LIKE THEM! SHE LIKES COUNTRY.SO TERRIBLE I WISH I COULD HAVE GOT THE TICKET!!!

tongue:P:P:P:P

Iron Maiden - 1993

Going to see them again in May smile

Electric:  Gibson Les Paul Studio, Schecter Omen 6, PRS SE Custom
Acoustic:  Fender Talman, Yamaha
Amp:  Fender Super Champ XD/Line6 Spider III 75

Motorhead, 1982 Iron Fist tour.  Tank and Raven supporting them.  Couldn't hear a thing for a week afterwards... eh?

cool

I'm the son of rage and love

Last concert, Beautiful South last gig before they split, fantastic concert.
Next concert, Bruce Springsteen, Manchester in May... Can't wait

cool

Ahhh Lemi in the early 80's ... did he have the mole yet?  lol

I believe that the mole is called Lemmy and the big lump hanging off it just grew there!

lol

elton john 19?? wellington

lmao ... tff bone!  I wonder why he never got that thing lanced off!

CCR and Blues Image in 1968

Starting to feel old, my first live concert was the Rolling Stones first appearance at Maple Leaf Gardens in Toronto back in the 60's

First concert - well, imagine a small church hall in Winter 1977, a crowd of guys who knew each other from school. They had started learning how to play about 6 months before. Being Punks, they started off beating up nursery rhymes, but suddenly got better. Then, after months of planning on the bus home from school, they played two sets and were heroes for the night. After that - nothing !

Last concert - Springsteen in Belfast - second time in a year - brilliant.

"What's so funny 'bout peace, love and understandin' ."    Elvis Costello

Hi,
The first concert i went to was Iron Maiden at the Edinburgh Playhouse on the somewhere in time tour.

Last concert was the Foo fighters in good old Aberdeen, still can't believe they came this far north.

Next concert is Hayseed Dixie, once again in my home town.

After that it's Bon Jovi at Hampden in Glasgow, can't wait.

Longboarder.

see you out the back. big_smile