Re: WHAT WAS THE VERY FIRST ALBUM YOU BOUGHT OR RECEIVED

Not old enough for the album thing...but it was ACDC Live.

"You have to get over the love of power, and enjoy the power of love, in order to know peace."
-Jimi Hendrix.

The first album I bought was the Beatles 65. I guess that makes me an oldie as well.

Joe

53 (edited by jets60 2008-03-03 02:38:01)

Dan Fogelberg's Nether lands...I still like to listen to each and every song. It was a sad day for the music world when he passed away.

J  E  T  S
...and yet a Washington Commanders fan (unless they change their name again) ...long story...HTT...C

R.E.M.'s "Reckoning". 'Harborcoat' is still one of my top 5 songs ever.

I had two eightracks my brother-in-law gave me since he had upgraded to cassette.  Imagine cassettes as an upgrade.
Boston, Boston, and Black Sabbath...not sure which album, the label was all scratched off.

Songs of Faith and Devotion Live By Depeche Mode

Life isnt about FINDING yourself.....Its all about CREATING yourself!!!!

My sister dubbed "No Fences" by Garth Brooks for me, which is probably still my favorite country album to this day. I went out and bought Garth Brooks self-titled album shortly after.

My favorite album of all time though is probably AC/DC "Live"...unfortunately someone borrowed it and I haven't seen it since sad

Most recent purchase was "Riot!" by Paramore...it's not a bad album at all...I'm pleasantly surprised.

What do you all think of the ipod revolution? People will just go out and buy the one or two songs that they hear on the radio and skip the rest of the album. I've found that my favorite song on an album is usually one that didn't get played on the radio. Is this bad for music as people are only listening to the songs that the record labels think have "commercial value"?

"Do or do not, there is no try." Yoda

I bought three long players in one go when I started work in 1960

The Buddy Holly Story
Buddy Holly
The Chirping Crickets

I have them all now on cd and I still listen to them.

Alex

My first was Edgar Winter,they only come out at night.