Topic: stuck in a rut

18 yrs in and stuck in a rut!

does anybody other than me feel like thier playing the same thing over and over?when i do stumble on to something new i call it a new door opening,but lately those doors are hard to find.im sure we all have been through this at one point or another,so any advice or suggestions of how to find the next damn door will be highly appreiated.thanks guys....

Re: stuck in a rut

jazz chords...it opens a wonderful world of improvisational playing.

thanks bduffy, will have to give it a try,havent been down that road before.

like bduffy said jazz is a good idea. jazz rock fusion is pretty cool to.  also look into classical stuff, some of the music is really pretty plus the classical guys use some cool techniques too.

good luck!

If you spend your life judging people, how will you ever have time to love them ♥

thanks rox,actually sounds like a good challenge,especially since all i play is metal and acoustic ballads.do jazz players have a special way of strumming or is it basically finger picking,or way different timing?i do play alot of randy rhoads melodic stuff and i think his influence was a guy named fernando sor,yet i have never heard any of his stuff.i dont know if he is considered jazz or ?i would like to check him out though..

usually just finger picking.  lots of little two note chords and stuff. if you know how to read notes ferdinando carulli has a pretty easy book called the classical guitar.  i really like the book cuz the songs are pretty easy and pretty too.  classicals easy to learn to.  (jimmy page uses the finger picking style in stairway to heaven) anyway if you want anymore info just ask!

good luck

If you spend your life judging people, how will you ever have time to love them ♥

Scale modes.  Start playing myxolidan or some other off major/minor mode.

That's my next practice goal.

Someday we'll win this thing...

[url=http://www.aclosesecond.com]www.aclosesecond.com[/url]