Topic: SO SORRY, I'll make it up to you DRUMMERS = most neglected bandmember

I found a nice list, check it out GOOGLE TOP 10 DRUMMERS. And, voil� , a list. I take the ACTUAL TOP 20, so there are still 80 to go. I hope to posted another nice topic, sorry, I might maybe the "topic-king", I just love writing topics.
REASONS
You start knowing people better and better, and I am a guy who loves to read BETWEEN the lines, this goes for me too: (I have almost NO social life, so I try and found my social life here.)
1. Neil Peart (Rush)
  2. John Bonham* (Led Zeppelin)
  3. Carl Palmer (ELP)
  4. Keith Moon* (The Who)
  5. Terry Bozzio (Frank Zappa)
  6. Ginger Baker (Cream)
  7. Hal Blaine (Session man)
  8. Danny Carey (Tool)
  9. Bill Bruford (Yes, King Crimson)
10. Earl Palmer (Session man)
11. Mike Portnoy (Dream Theater)
12. Dave Lombardo (Slayer)
13. Benny Benjamin* (Funk Brothers)
14. Ian Paice (Deep Purple)
15. Carmine Appice (Vanilla Fudge)
16. Tommy Aldridge (Ozzy Osbourne)
17. Stewart Copeland (The Police)
18. Bernard Purdie (Session)
19. Vinnie Colaiuta (Zappa)
20. Jeff Porcaro* (Toto) .
There are some REALLY GREAT names. There are still 80 "greatest drummers" left, which is UNFAIR. Imagine 100, 20 looks already more than enough. MY OPINION:
I agree with at least 15 drummers, NO MATTER HOW THEY ARE RANKED and the other 5,          I don't know them. YOUR OPINION: you can "google" and find the 75 other ranked drummers.

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

Re: SO SORRY, I'll make it up to you DRUMMERS = most neglected bandmember

Comment: A few of these drummers were former session drummers.
Arguably the greatest session drummer of all time, is the great Hal Blaine. The list of number one songs that he's played on is almost stupid.
Wasn't n° 20 JEFF PORCARO, a session drummer too? I think that the founders of TOTO were all session musicians. Dazzling artists, and described as "collectively the best musicians on the planet"
GUITAR: STEVE LUKATHER isn't he one of the best guitar players on the planet?

DID YOU KNOW THAT "TOTO" in Japan, is the name of Japan's largest toilet manufacturer?
I adore some of the info found on the internet.  big_smile   smile

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

you neglected to mention the best buddy rich, max roach, gene krupa

"Growing old is not for sissies"

I agree with you, I also changed that stupid title. HINT and LINK: Google: Top 100 best drummers, and there you are. THIS IS ABOUT ROCK DRUMMERS, you can search for JAZZ drummers too. I think that 50% of the drummers list will be found in Jazz too. One of my all time favourite drummers is CHARLIE WATTS. I have a few songs from his jazz band, I do love some jazz, but so called "fusion, free style" is a cacophony to me destroying my DRUM. (Eardrum).

A couple to add to the list:

Stevie Gadd - Awesome session drummer who has played with the best of them.

Phil Collins - Another very respected drummer despite his pop solo stuff.

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

dont forget Tre' Cool frome green day! he rocks even if no one else likes him

you can love me
you can hate me
but NEVER forget me

My band teacher used the drummer stereotype because we were discussing things that didn't concern the drummers and they got bored and he was like "Yeah drummers you don't have to listen you are just a drummer.

tongue:P:P:P:P

What do the asterisks mean?

Also glad to see Tommy Aldridge on the list.   Saw him before Ozzy days with Pat Travers, and that was a hot power trio. Too bad they couldn't stay together.

That's alright, I got my guitar
-Jimi Hendrix