Topic: Band names

I need help on how to think of a band name. weve used generators, spent hours thinking And still can not think of anything or any sort of topic to think of but Any ideas on how.

The band names We are aiming for are Rock.

Re: Band names

jamiey1 wrote:

I need help on how to think of a band name. weve used generators, spent hours thinking And still can not think of anything or any sort of topic to think of but Any ideas on how.

I see a good name in your request.

Any Ideas

tis ok, I dont want any royalties, you can use that name with my blessing ,:lol:

Ken

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

Hi Jaimey,

I've posted something similar before I think, but I'll mention it again cos I reckon it's a good way of getting ideas for a band name. Take a look at your favourite bands and check out the names of some of the more obscure tracks, B sides (do you still get them?? lol ) album tracks etc. Maybe you'll stumble upon a decent name that way.

Best of luck.

Craig.

Blind acceptance is a sign, of stupid fools who stand in line.  John Lydon.

'Mod' is a shorter word for 'young, beautiful and stupid' - we've all been there." - Pete Townshend.

i agree with moddish, tons of bands got their names from their favorite artists songs. like "Jet" was a Beatles song thats not very well known.

If you spend your life judging people, how will you ever have time to love them ♥

what kind of rock??

All You Need is Love smile

OK, going to throw this out there--my friends don't like this, but I think it would be a great band name--a line from the 9 inch nails song "Hurt"...

Empire of Dirt

OK I said it.  Even if it doesn't work for a name, it's a great image.

I always thought you could come up with a good band name by starting with "Ministry of __________"

Ministry of Deception
Ministry of Thought
Minsistry of......I don't know, whatever you're into

.... I thought that was a Johnny Cash Song??? I knew nine inch nails had helped him write something, maybe they shared it....

All You Need is Love smile

jamiey1 wrote:

Sounds like you're between a rock and a hard place. Hmmmmm?/?/?/?
OK! I got it;
Rock Hard

Give everything but up.

Upyerkilt, I love this one: The HALF NAKED SCOTS KILTS. Or just  THE PIPES.
The Romans tried to add a kind of mechanic table resulting in an organ, an ancestor of the big organs in Cathedrals.
Finding a name is not that easy if you want to take a name related with the band or the music you play: admit that names like "Alice in Chains" is a bit strange, even PROCOL HARUM is strange, and if you listen to their lyrics from "A WHITER SHADE OF PALE" they don't make sense.
I love things like that: you write a song using lyrics, even with words that don't exist, you will drive the critics mad, these guys try to explain what the song lyrics mean, and writing a song full of nonsense!!!!!!!!!!!????????????? real hard for them.

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

jamiey1 wrote:

Thats amazing that your getting a band name smile
I thought of a band name but i never actually got round to getting a band!
so heres the name i thought of "Punkslip"

Hm...Maybe the name i thought of was a bit cheesy! lol

Good luck with it all

big_smile

x*_Failure is an event never a person*...x

Throw a bunch of scrabble tiles against the wall. Good luck wink

tongue:P:P:P:P

"The Standerd" is that allready a band? b/c it seams to awsome to be true lol

ohhh this worked for me  go to the nearest book go to the 76th page 2nd paragrtaph 3rd sentence 4th 5th & (maybe) 6th word!!!!:p

Well i was planning to name by band Generation NeXt bu t switch the words around and you got anthor band name

love and music conquer all.

last_rebel wrote:

.... I thought that was a Johnny Cash Song??? I knew nine inch nails had helped him write something, maybe they shared it....

He covered their song Hurt.

"A steering wheel don't mean you can drive, a warm body don't mean I'm alive"
Switchfoot

jamiey1 wrote:

Going on upyerkilt's idea, how about "We are aiming for Rock"?

"A steering wheel don't mean you can drive, a warm body don't mean I'm alive"
Switchfoot

How about Target rock?  since you said you were aiming for rock.

tongue:P:P:P:P

how about........"DUH"........ Most bands go through a few names before they get signed. Then again everyone already knows your name. LOL

the do's and don't's

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

www.bandnamemaker.com. Try this site.
                                                        getfiddle

A musician is someone with too much time on their hands! Thank god I'm a musician!!!

I like "Cacophonics" but if it makes your band sound like a bunch of noise that's ok.  Sometimes it IS just noise.

Extreme Issue
Epic Garden
Constant Fusion
Moto Lion
Moto Circuit
Flushed Soul

mechanism

deaken316 wrote:

ohhh this worked for me  go to the nearest book go to the 76th page 2nd paragrtaph 3rd sentence 4th 5th & (maybe) 6th word!!!!:p

"Excess Cement"...
I don't think thats gonna work! tongue

How about your firts pet name, and the first street you ever lived on?
Mine would be Snowy Bogan.

"It's all about the Calluses, once you got them, you can't get rid of em!"