Topic: WHY WAS JIMI HENDRIX SO SPECIAL

- Because he was SUPER TALENTED
- BECAUSE, to hide the fact that he was shy, he gave an INCREDIBLE ONE AN SHOW.

BUT: the doc in me is peeping, and tells that he was blessed with EXCEPTIONAL LONG FINGERS.

CAUSE:
- Just the way he was, anatomic far above the average, you can compare this with a person who is 2 meter and 10 cm long.
- or, and I still didn't find proof, there is a disease, called THE MARFAN SYNDROME.
A syndrome is a collection of medical problems that can occur. Some people suffering from a SYNDROME have bad luck, and will suffer from almost everything.
That syndrome has:
- possible cardiac problems
- very long fingers and toes
- a lot more.
One artist, PAGANINI, a famous violin player and composer, suffered from this disease, and because of cardiac problems they die often young.
Until today, there are "pieces for violin", written by Paganini, that people can't play, because, if you compare it to an electric guitar, 22 frets, they are able to go from the first to the 10th fret.

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

Re: WHY WAS JIMI HENDRIX SO SPECIAL

I'll tell you why Hendrix was special. He refused to obey the old,old,old, adage that in order to make music on the guitar one must "manipulate the fretboard in a predictable manner."  (no disrespect to jerome.oneil)Sorry to those of you that live and swear by this philiosophy but sometimes one has to paint outside of the lines to stand out and be noticed.

Give everything but up.

Well, colluege administrator, well written.
I wrote about that disease, easy to find on internet, a logical explication, but if he should have that SYNDROME, we would know it.
Like you say, only his name + show= success guaranteed. THIS IS ONE OF THE REASONS WHY I WROTE A TOPIC ABOUT HYPNOSIS. A concert with Jimi Hendrix, was often a kind of MASS HYPNOSIS too. Just look at the people in front, look at the eyes and you know more than enough, one of the MAJOR points in hypnosis = trance.

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

yeah, and massive amounts of recreational drugs lol

I'm the son of rage and love

5 (edited by cytania 2008-01-08 15:35:49)

1) Jimi integrate effects into the texture of the music. Listen to alot of 'candy pop' or 'garage punk'  psychedelia and you'll notice that often it's a standard pop rock song with a stunning intro or a whacky bridge section. Jimi Hendrix sounded extraordinary live with minimal backing.

2) Jimi took risks. He didn't hear feedback and think 'yikes, that could turn awful playing live' he wrestled with it and took control. Sometimes this backfired as at the Isle Of Wight where his WEM amps wouldn't give a decent sound = Jimi frustrated, audience unblownaway.

3) It wasn't all about speed. Some of my favourite Hendrix, like Villanova Junction or Still Raining Still Dreaming, are slow blues numbers. Hendrix made slow tempo fascinating. If he'd lived I reckon he'd be a contender for 'first ambient album'.

'The sound of the city seems to disappear'

6 (edited by gnomefry 2008-03-21 00:31:49)

HE WAS THE MAN.HE DIDN'T DIE FROM A CARDIAC PROBLEM. HE DIED OF A DRUG OVERDOSE.They tell us.

tongue:P:P:P:P

When I watch him, I just feel like he could do whatever he wanted on the guitar. That and his energy in playing (when he was on) is absolutely amazing

You have to forget about what other people say; when you're supposed to die, when you're supposed to be lovin'. You have to forget about all these things. You have to go on and be crazy. Craziness is like heaven.
                                                        -James Marshall Hendrix

another reason or partly the reason he was special if you want to describe it that way was he was a black man at the time not playing the usual blues stuff or soul. He took that guitar and made sounds that not a lot of guitarists dare try and get away with it.

even today there are not many people from the dark skinned ethnics  that play heavy rock. Only ones I can think of is Living Colour. probably a few more but none as big as Jimmy.

I know skin colour should not come into it but I remember watching a documentary on hendrix and some guy mentioned this about his colour and being out of the ordinary for this type of music. So if he thought it, others at the time must have thought it.
And I admit, I thought this of living colour when i first heard them in the late 80's. it didnt make the music any different but it made them that little bit different.

Ken

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

I've noticed that all the great guitar players have long fingers, Hendrix, Ray Vaugh, Freddie King, Albert King, B.B.
King, Albert Collins, Clapton, Joe Walsh, Buddy Guy, plus
talent a plenty. Maybee it's something in that streach?? I Agree with Southpaw in Hendrix explored the fret board more and stood alone.

...Badeye.

one caper after another

Has this guy seen that one picture of Robert Johnson? His fingers were huge!

tongue:P:P:P:P