Topic: capo

whats the best type of capo to buy? i understand they do spring action ones are these the best?

Re: capo

I use a Kyser spring action and have never had any problems, but it seems like they like all work good... mostly just personal preference

You have to forget about what other people say; when you're supposed to die, when you're supposed to be lovin'. You have to forget about all these things. You have to go on and be crazy. Craziness is like heaven.
                                                        -James Marshall Hendrix

I find the spring style, are faster to put on and make changes with. They can also clamp on to the headstock when not in use.  You should be able to pick up a good one for under 20 bucks.

I use a Kyser one (spring) as well. It's really easy to use and I have never had a problem with it. I think I paid $19.95 for it. Not that you were thinking about it, but whatever you, do not buy the Fender capo that they sell at Target, it is a piece of crap. In fact, what am I thinking... don't buy anything for your guitar at Target.

I use a Dunlop spring style. I've had it for 10 years and it still works great

I used to be disgusted; now I try to be amused.
Elvis Costello

thankyou for your replies. My local music shop just had a kyser spring action one and its really good. I used it this afternoon, very pleased with it.