(0)==#paranormal guitar wrote:

Norwiegan Can-Opening  Abilities of Albama, that's my guess hmm

lol
lol
lol

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

Re: ncaa

Nearly Competent American Acrobats  ???

Is anything really made up of zeros and ones??

This is a music site, we're MOSTLY the artsy-geeky type who could care less about sports and testosterone overloaded jocks. ( no offense to any of you testosterone overloaded jocks ) Welcome to chordie Montana W.

Give everything but up.

upyerkilt wrote:

lol
lol
lol

it's not funny, i think there are some wonderful norweigan can-openers in Albama these days. smile i have one of their autographs, honest!

don't ever stand aside, don't ever be denied
you gotta be who you be if you're comin' with me
cool
okay??

Hi Montana W.!
I suppose you are referring to that single-gender soap opera for the easily amused?  It's the one where a bunch of guys put on matching costumes, and then run around and throw things at each other.  They get all sweaty and then they go shower together.

Personally, I have no interest in keeping up with the activities of semi-literate meat puppets.  I'll have fun playing a game . . . but I can't see the point in watching other people have all the fun.  Sports spectating just isn't on my list of things to do.

"That darn Pythagorean Comma thing keeps messing me up!"
[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pythagorean_comma[/url]

Wow - lots of hate here for college athletics. I live in college basketball country - the world stops around here for the ncaa's.

I hate to say it, but UNC (my team's major rival) is looking great. I'm pulling for Davidson though - a great Cinderella story and also an in state school.

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

Yeah, I guess that was harsh . . . I live in a tiny town with a major university and many people here are absolutely sports crazy.  I just don't get it.

Each day, wonderful things are happening at the university; researchers are discovering new scientific truths, students are acquiring knowledge and experience, artists are creating and honing their skills, people are actually thinking and learning.

But, to many people all that matters is if a group of inarticulate scholarship behemoths can demonstrate their hand-eye coordination skills better than another group of behemoths from another school.

The big-money sports (football and men's basketball) are played mostly by individuals who "major" in make-believe subjects and then if they actually graduate they are qualified to do nothing.  Meanwhile, the coaches and athletic directors and broadcasters are making big money over and under the table.

Sorry, but I just can't get all excited about it . . .

"That darn Pythagorean Comma thing keeps messing me up!"
[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pythagorean_comma[/url]

I understand what you are saying James. It comes down to what society will pay for entertainment - look at pro athletics and actors (and musicians!) - do any of them deserve the dollars they earn in relation to our scientists who are curing diseases and those who teach our kids be be our future leaders? I can debate both sides. There are a huge number of "educators" and administrators who don't deserve their salaries either. And athletics sure do bring a ton of notoriety and money to universities - both academically and athletically. And as far as your single gender comment - I actually watched a bit of the womens ncaa tourney this afternoon - That is a huge joke - Title 9 (or whatever it is) - forcing schools to spend equally on mens and womens sport. I agree in principle, but damn - the seats to the women's games are EMPTY - that's ridiculous. Seems the NCAA needs a class in economics!

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

It's funny how things change.  A great percentage of the 'jocks' in high school who laughed at and made fun of the kids who played in the band are now mowing many of their lawns or picking up their trash. Sports, for the most part, are with a person for a relatively short portion of their lives. And no golf does not count as a sport, golf is an excuse for unhappily married republicans to get away from their wives.(haha, sort of) Music however, is with the true musician from their first exposure until their final breath on this planet.

It's not hate topdown, it's just a lack of interest.

Give everything but up.

upyerkilt wrote:

lol
lol
lol

it's not funny, i think there are some wonderful norweigan can-openers in Albama these days. smile i have one of their autographs, honest!

his name is G. U. Llable

don't ever stand aside, don't ever be denied
you gotta be who you be if you're comin' with me
cool
okay??