Topic: Wah

I was thinking about getting a Dunlop wah pedal. Do you think this is a good idea? I heard they sound very good.

tongue:P:P:P:P

Re: Wah

Dunlop is a good company, but there are sooo many wah models to choose from: I have the Classic Wah and don't like it. You really have to listen to them in order to decide which one is right for you. Mine is noisy and the range is somewhat limited. The more knobs a wah has, the more control you'll have dialing in just the tone you like...

Play on!

Thanks. I was thinking about the crybaby.

tongue:P:P:P:P

I`ve got the cry baby but have been told never, under any circumstances to play it in public because my mouth for some reason or other starts opening and closing in sync with my foot motion so as a result i look like a goldfish on speed .

You can`t wind me up , I`m electric.

5 (edited by Russell_Harding 2008-03-29 01:04:58)

ive been using a crybaby for quite a few years, in my opinion its the best but every once in a while you have to spray tuner cleaner on the parts that connect to the plastic notched arm that changes the shift from bass to treble because they will make a noise when you push the pedal up and down and after spraying the parts work the pedal up and down and the static sound is gone,if not spray again and repeat,you can posistion the pedal and hold it where you want to use it like a graphic equalizer and if you stomp the overdrive (distortion) and add some delay it produces a beautiful sustain with delay and you change the tone by moving the pedal up for bass or down for treble i have the hendrix model crybaby.

"Growing old is not for sissies"

I've got a crybaby as well and like Purlnekless I tend to do the goldfish thing when using it. Never tried anyother kind so I couldn't compare, but you do get a great sound from the crybaby.

Blind acceptance is a sign, of stupid fools who stand in line.  John Lydon.

'Mod' is a shorter word for 'young, beautiful and stupid' - we've all been there." - Pete Townshend.

I've had two cry-babies and a morley, and an Ibanez wah pedal.
The Ibanez had no punch at all and broke soon after I got it.
The Morley had no punch either.
Cry-baby all the way. The first cry baby I had was used, and had developed a scratchy static to it, so I got another newer used one for around $49.

open it up and spray the pots and moving parts with tuner cleaner that will get rid of the scratchy sounds

kjohney wrote:

I've had two cry-babies and a morley, and an Ibanez wah pedal.
The Ibanez had no punch at all and broke soon after I got it.
The Morley had no punch either.
Cry-baby all the way. The first cry baby I had was used, and had developed a scratchy static to it, so I got another newer used one for around $49.

"Growing old is not for sissies"