Topic: guitar pick slipping

I'm about 3 months into playing. I'm playing some songs but I still need more practice. The problem I'm having is when I'm about 1/2 or 3/4 through a song my pick keeps on turning in my fingers. Then I have to stop and reset the pick. What am I doing wrong???

Re: guitar pick slipping

Hi viller21 and welcome to chordie!

Check out this recent thread on the same topic (found by using the search function on top of the forum)

http://www.chordie.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=6660

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

thanks, I'll cheeck it out

sand them. I think you'll find that advice from upyerkilt on the thread mentioned above. I followed his simple advice and it works like a charm

I used to be disgusted; now I try to be amused.
Elvis Costello

I use a thinner pick and focus more on relaxing my wrist when playing.  As a beginner, using a medium or thicker pick is not productive.  Thicker picks are nice for when you do scales or playing heavier guage strings.  Just my two cents!

viller21 wrote:

I'm about 3 months into playing. I'm playing some songs but I still need more practice. The problem I'm having is when I'm about 1/2 or 3/4 through a song my pick keeps on turning in my fingers. Then I have to stop and reset the pick. What am I doing wrong???

get some blu-tack, so you can join a pin and the plectrum together. then push the pin through a through layers of skin in your thumb (make sure the end pokes out too).

sorted big_smile
it doesn't hurt, dont worry, i always put pins in my fingers.

don't ever stand aside, don't ever be denied
you gotta be who you be if you're comin' with me
cool
okay??

Gorilla snot? 

I light lighter picks for strumming.  I still drop them or slip sometimes, but just keep playing anyway.  It's just something that comes in time.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude