Topic: The Immortals

Yes WHO ARE THEY?
You can start this topic already a few hundreds of years ago, like Haydn was also influenced by HANDEL and he had an influence on BEETHOVEN. Mozart was influenced by BACH, and so we can go on.
I prefer to discuss about the evolution and importance of AMERICAN MUSIC, because you can say or claim that it all started with the import of slaves from Africa. Yes BLUES, in cobination with imported musical styles from all over Europe.

Consider them as a tribute to those who created rock & roll, had or have a major influence and an example for many others in music. And yet...., all music is subject to evolution MOZART was influenced by
SOME NAMES:
- THE BEATLES, who can and will ever forget those guys who changed the music history
- BOB DYLAN
- THE ROLLING STONES

Feel free to add IMMORTALS, musicians who changed and placed music on the world card.

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

Re: The Immortals

Led Zeppelin, perhaps?

I used to be disgusted; now I try to be amused.
Elvis Costello

Chuck Berry,  his guitar licks have been  played, and copied for the last 50 years.

BILL HALEY AND THE COMETS the 1st!

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Nirvana
Elvis
Jimi Hendrix

LED ZEPPLIN...
&
AC/DC
if you can name me a bettar aussie band i wil give 1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000
dollars.............
......( the money will be sent to you via telepathic link)

if you can learn bass in 15 minutes
then why do i play the guitar???
tongue

bedem wrote:

LED ZEPPLIN...
&
AC/DC
if you can name me a bettar aussie band i wil give 1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000
dollars.............

I've met Brian Johnson (AC/DC) singer numerous times. He's famous for showing up at local bars down here in Florida and singin' a few tunes with the band performing. Almost every band that plays out knows at least 2 or 3 AC/DC tunes and Brian is a great sport about it to. He's a genuinely great human being and one heckuva singer. As much as I like and respect Brian, I still gotta go with Bon Scott for getting the AC/DC train a rollin'............

Speaking of Johnson's, my selected immortal is gonna have to be Robert Johnson. His vision and application of the blues was the foundation of rock-n-roll as we know it today. Listening to his music is awe inspiring for me. RJ was definetely the recipient of some special, magic ,fairy-dust............

Give everything but up.

Queen-We Will Rock You and We Are The Champions have been way overused though. . .I still like both songs.  Bohemian Rhapsody speaks for itself.  In the world of guitars, how about Eric Johnson? He may not be the most popular one out there, but for us guitar players, he's a true legend.  Speaking of guitar players, Hendrix was already mentioned, thought I'd toss in Clapton, SRV (although there's a seperate thread about him), and EVH.  Back to bands, I'll add the Eagles-look how they influenced the world of music, with their California-rock-country sound.  Their old school stuff is great, and Long Road Out Of Eden is a pretty decent album.  How about GNR? Slash is probably one of the most ridiculous guitarists ever.  I'll add Lynyrd Skynyrd-the definition of southern rock.  OK, one more.  Johnny Cash.  He may not have appealed to as many people, but I think that he was better than Elvis (my humble opinion).  One more-how about Styx? Probably THE BEST band to come out of the 80's, with all due respect to others like Van Halen.

"A steering wheel don't mean you can drive, a warm body don't mean I'm alive"
Switchfoot

bedem wrote:

LED ZEPPLIN...
&
AC/DC
dollars.............

What about the Wiggles? They are the highest selling Aussie music group, with AC/DC in 2nd.  (lol)

"A steering wheel don't mean you can drive, a warm body don't mean I'm alive"
Switchfoot